Post # 1
I like to ask strange and personal questions here on the bee, but I think it’s fun to share anyway. 🙂
My bucket list:
1. Learn burlesque. I found a school near me but I’m too chicken to actually go and do it.
2. Write & illustrate a children’s book
3. Adopt a dog (only had cats my whole life)
4. Visit New Zealand. I’m obsessed with the landscapes there.
5. Marry my Fi (obviously hehe ) and live in an entirely new country foreign to us.
Tell me yours! I’d love to hear.
Post # 2
Well top 5 are…
1. Get married but I feel that’s cheating so my REAL #1 is to have a baby.
2. Adopt a baby from Korea (FI is adopted from S. Korea)
3. Bungee jump off Victoria Falls
4. Live in San Francisco, even if it’s just temporarily
5. Go to Burning Man Festival
those def top 5!!! Hopefully I can knock them all ofF! Most are long time dreams but some, like children, are mew dreams 🙂 I reserve the right to change my top 5 again lmao
Post # 3
catpeaches: I think you should sign up for thise burlesque classes asap and show FI your new moves on the honeymoon!!!! You can do it!!!!
Post # 4
- Wedding: November 2014 - Historic cinema
catpeaches: Come visit me in New Zealand and I’ll teach you burlesque! lol But seriously, do it! I guarantee, every lady who goes to class is scared, but after 2 minutes, you’ll be having a ball! 😀
Post # 5
1. Inca Trail to Macchu Pichu (will tick that off in 4 months!)
2. Run a marathon. I don’t even like running that much but I just feel I have a marathon in me. We are hoping to do the London marathon in 2016/17 (plus it’s an excuse to go to London)
3. Build our (financially attainable) dream house (with my dream kitchen/entertaining area in it)
4. Have a white Christmas. I live in Australia. I’ve spent like 5 christmases in the UK/Japan etc. but it’s never snowed that time of year where I was.
5. Ride a mule down the Grand Canyon/along the colarado river etc. We didn’t have time when we were there last year on a tour and our bike ride got cancelled because of the rain 🙁
Post # 6
1. See the winter lights (Aurora Borealis)
2. Start my own business
3. Have a baby
4. Visit at least 70 countries
5. Run Disney’s half marathon
Post # 7
1) get my scuba liscence and scuba the great barrier reef
2) build my dream house desined with my current/future pets in mind with rooms designed for FI gaming hobby, and for future kids.
3) travel to England to see my friends and family and to Germany and Czech for Fi. New Zealand for our belated honeymoon.
4) foster/adopt/rescue as many animals as possible as well as spend as much time volunteering.
5) get my degree and get a job I love that will make a difference.
Some of these are more short term. But these are the goals I base most of my life choices on.
Post # 8
1. Swim with dolphins (doing this in 2 months!)
2. Swim with sharks or a whale shark
3. See the Northern Lights
4. Travel Europe (Italy, Greece, Germany, Ireland, England, to name a few)
5. Hug a panda (random, but I saw a documentary about them and saw one of the handlers holding one like a toddler and I almost lost it, it was so cute)
Post # 9
- See Aurora Borealis
- Go to west Canada, (originally wanted to live there, but FI has said we need to holiday there first, as I’ve never been but he has)
- Find a job that fulfils me
- Marry FI :3
- Get a labrador puppy
I haven’t sat and thought about a bucket list in a while.
I’m thinking about starting a Mindfulness course with my friend in October, I need to (re-)learn how to embrace the present.
Post # 10
I like this thread!
1- Compete in a rodeo competition
2- Visit South America (Argentina to be exact!)
3- Own my own business
4- Buy a horse and name it “Montana”
5- Totally design and build my dream house
Post # 11
1. Travel. Then more travel.
2. Have a child through birth/adoption
3. Finish grad school (241 days)
4. Get married (247 days)
5. Own a home
Post # 12
catpeaches: What a fun post! I can’t believe how similar we are too, I’m doing/have done 3 of 5 of your list 🙂 I’ve been to NZ, it is a stunning country, you’ll love it! I’ve written a children’s story and intend to illustrate it too but it’s been on hold for a while. I am inspired to continue, thanks 🙂
And, FI and I are getting married in May 2015 hehe
The bucket list just gets longer and longer as we travel more but some other things include:
– Eat at The Fat Duck Restaurant, Heston Blumenthal<br />
– Go to World Cup 2018 (we just got back from Brazil and we’re hooked)
– See all 7 continents and 7 wonders of world
– This one’s out there… maybe space travel if it becomes affordable in our lifetime
– Record a studio album
Thanks for brightening up my arvo with exciting thoughts of the future.
Post # 13
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Great topic! My bucket list involves a lot of travel, which really doesn’t fit with our lifestyle, so many of these will be unfulfilled dreams… and that’s okay. 🙂
1. Travel to Europe
2. Go on a hot air balloon ride (we are planning this for our anniversary this year)
3. Zipline through the rainforest
4. See the Aurora Borealis
5. See an erupting volcano with an active lava flow
Post # 14
1. Have a Family
2. Visit the ‘home country’ (Holland)
3. White water rafting (CHECK! FI surprised me with this for my birthday this year)
4. Cross continent driving tour
5. Alaskian cruise!
Post # 15
1) buy a house within the next 7 years (where we live is so expensive, so unless you are comfortable buying a foreclosed home, then you have to save for a few years) and being that we are going to start TTC soon, babies are expensive. So our goal is to save as much as possible
2) Go to Bora Bora
3) Go to Hawaii
4) Learn to speak Spanish. Its embarrasing that my mother is Cuban, and I can’t speak Spanish. I do blame her though! SHe never taught me bc she was embarrased of her heritage bc my father was Norwegian.
5) Go on an African safari