Post # 1
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
There are a lot of very popular things that I just can’t stand. What are yours?
(Hopefully, I’m not offending anyone who likes the things I don’t like. It’s just my opinion.)
- Love, Actually (I wanted to walk out of the theater SO BADLY but I didn’t have a ride home)
- Basically all chick-lit and chick-flicks (with the exception of a handful of movies)
- Almost all current pop (Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, etc.)
- Logos – any logos on clothing, shoes, bags, etc. I don’t care if it’s Hollister or Chanel
- Michael Buble
- The color pink (raspberry pink is okay and I like light blush pink, but I hate all other shades)
- TWILIGHT! With the fire of a thousand suns
What about you?
Post # 3
I LOVE Pickles
I dislike: Mushrooms, the overpowering smell of the Hollister store as I walk by it at the mall, slasher films, Beyonce (used to like old Beyonce stuff but none of the new stuff)
Post # 4
Skinny jeans. Sorry, but I can’t stand them!
Post # 5
I’m right there with you on current pop. I find it so terribly sad what’s happened to music, and consider myself lucky I don’t need to commute in a car with a radio.
Post # 6
There was a post about this a while back! I loved it!
- Chocolate – yes, really
- Most cheeses – Mozzarella is usually the only cheese I’ll eat
- Lady Gaga – Enough already!
- Skinny Jeans too!!!
Post # 7
This is a great thread, haha, I love griping. (No, I don’t have a life.)
-wearing exercise clothes or pajamas in public when you’re not exercising or going to the gym.
-that Kesha song (Tik Tok?)
-sports. I kind of followed baseball for a few years, and then I moved down the street from Wrigley Field. Cured any excitement I had about baseball season!
-cookouts/grilling/pig roasts. I’m a vegetarian, so ‘nough said. Even when I bring tofu or something to grill, my lifestyle gets picked apart!
-Miley Cyrus. Ugh.
Post # 8
The color purple. I don’t know why I am just not a purple fan.
Post # 9
Haha – I like this thread, fun topic! Here’s my list of things I love to hate:
– Tomatoes & Bananas – yuck!!!
– Agreed on both LadyGaga and Beyonce though it isn’t so much a pop music thing but more of a just something rubs me the wrong way kind of thing – oh and add Britney to that list too please
– skinny jeans, especially on men
– Titanic (never seen it, never will)
– Anything and everything to do with Twilight and vampire stuff
Post # 10
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
Oh, how could I forget Twilight? I had to add that to my list. I freakin’ LOATHE Twilight!!
Funny story: I read the first Twilight book because, well, I like good YA fiction (Harry Potter, anyone?) and I liked Buffy. But I thought the book was just awful. But my friend who is obsessed with it told me that I couldn’t make fun of Twilight anymore because I hadn’t read the other three books. So I said, “Fine, I’ll read them!” She thought that I’d come around, but reading those three books was torture.
I just finished the last one a few days ago and could write a friggin’ manifesto about why I hated Twilight so much, but nobody would read it. Hahahaha!!!
At any rate, I now have my friend’s permission to trash it as much as I like!
Post # 11
Oh, Lady Gaga! I have a built in reflex that automatically turns the radio off when I hear the beginning of her song called ‘Bad Romance’. My ears hurt everytime!
Post # 12
Oh, I forgot Twilight, too!
I had to sit through the trailer to the next move, and wanted to cover my eyes. It was that bad.
Post # 13
– Coffee. I will never understand why people will pay $3 a cup for it. It tastes awful. I have a theory that coffee is a giant conspiracy and no one really likes it, but no one wants to admit it 🙂 I know, I’m insane.
– Twilight. Granted, I’ve never read the books, but I read a synopsis online, and I laughed. Sorry to anyone who likes them!
– Lady Gaga. She’s a decent signer, and she can play the piano, but her songs are awful. She thinks her outfits are so shocking and pushing-the-line-of-fashion, but really, she just looks like an idiot most of the time.
– 3-D movies (Avatar, anyone?). What happened to an old-fashioned flick that DOESN’T pop out at me on the screen? Kind of makes me nauseous and mostly confused.
Post # 14
Ooooo, let’s see:
Lost. I’m just not a fan of being dragged along, and I think the writers are just being self indulgent. But one of my BFFs is OBSESSED so she tells me the whole plot every week anyway. 😉
American Idol. I have no words.
Seafood–any kind. Heartbreaking for FI who L-O-V-E-S seafood of all kinds. Sigh.
Nuts in my brownies–seriously, just breaks up the chocolatey goodness. 🙂
I could go on, but I think I’m in a mood, so I’ll stop. Love this thread!
Post # 15
Oh GOD yes – I forgot Twilight as a HUGE dislike!!
I hated the first book but forced myself to give it another try with the 2nd book AND movie. I just don’t get it. I don’t find the plot copmpelling, I don’t find the characters interesting, and I do NOT find the actors EVEN REMOTELY attractive (Kristen Stewart, to me, is the ugliest person in Hollywood)
Post # 16
@Miss Chapstick – I love coffee! Only black coffee, though. So I can promise you it’s not a conspiracy. 😛 I will say that I didn’t love it at first. I started out drinking lattes and Americanos, and the caffeine and strength of those stopped being enough for me. So I imagine it’s how some people are about pop – to me, it tastes terrible, but people develop a taste for it and couldn’t imagine life without it.