Well Dr. Minutiae (lol), here are my responses to your checklist.
1. Has your boyfriend been starting conversations about “the future”, i.e. children, finances, jobs, etc.? We have always talked about “the future”. So we both do know where each other is on the pages of children, finances, and jobs.
2)Has he talked about marriage specifically? The last few months we have talked more about marriage. During our Thanksgiving weekend with my family he did comment to me that he wanted to be in the delivery room when we have are children in the future…random I know but its been something we discussed before. However, before his response use to be like “Ugh NOOO”.
3) Is he talking about marriage more frequently, or has he stopped talking about it altogether? I don’t know if its me or him that has been bringing up marriage more frequently…I need pay closer attention.
4) Has he commented on your jewelery, asked for your ring size, or gazed excessively at your left hand? He hasn’t made comments on my jewelery because I don’t wear jewelery except for the occasionally right hand ring. He has asked for my ring size before. As recent as a few weeks ago he said “your a 7.5 right” and I responded “No I am 8. Remember?!” He temproarily freaked out and then was like “oookaaayyy”.
5) Have his spending habits changed? YES! We have been talking more about money and how much a wedding, honeymoon, and moving (since we don’t already live together) will cost. We don’t spend as much on dates as we use to.
6)Has his behavior changed; has he displayed out of the ordinary nerves, secrecy, romantics, or other behaviors? He is a romantic at heart but lately he has been calling me nicknames that he doesn’t say all the time.
7) Is a significant date, whether holiday, outing, or anniversary, coming up? Well, we are the couple that celebrates each month we are together no matter how big the celebration. That being said we are having our 2.5 (aka 30 month) anniversary coming up this Sunday.
8)Do you feel like you’ve discussed many of your potential marriage concerns and you’ve hit a calm period in your relationship? Sort of like a calm before the storm feeling? Yes, we have definitely talked about our concerns and they have been addressed. I would say that things are going rather smoothly.
So what do you think Doc?