Post # 1
So is anyone allergic to anything here? I’ve been noticing that with kids these days (I’m a teacher) and everyone seems to have a nut allergy. I had a peanut allergy growing up, but I grew out of it. Now I can’t have eggs which were my FAVORITE 🙁 Oh, and I’ve always been allergic to nickel so I can’t wear cheap jewelry either.
What are you allergic/intolerant to?
Post # 2
The anti-biotic Cephalexin. Found out the hard way when being treated for an infected spider bite, last year. Other than that, I find I have a sensitivity to dairy if I eat too much, but it’s just a stomach pain… no big blowouts. LOL!<br />
Post # 4
I’m slightly lactose intolerant. I know that sound weird to say “slightly”, but I can cook with dairy and eat cheese but if I drink straight milk or eat ice cream I get killer stomach aches and some other not so nice things happen.
I’m also allergic to nickel. No cheap jewelry for me. Sometimes even gold irritates my ears.
Post # 5
Pineapple, nickel , and amoxicillin. The pineapple and nickel I can deal with just get itchy. I agree though the peanut thing is So extreme now. I’m wondering how the planet ever survived before.
Post # 6
I’m allergic to cats and synthetic scents (essential oils tend not to bother me).
I also have a dairy sensitivity. Cannot drink milk, but can eat most dairy with only minimal discomfort if it is cooked.
Post # 7
- Wedding: October 2014 - Disney
Celiac- no gluten
kiwi, latex, Keflex, sulfa drugs, formaldehyde releasers, lanonlin, lavender, unripe bananas, beef (intolerance), certain steroids, black rubber, white rubber, nickel, PpD, thimerosol, dogs, soy protein (intolerance), corn protein (intolerance)
Yes I’m a bundle of fun :/ Luckily I can eat dairy, nuts, fish, most produce, and most poultry.
Post # 8
Amoxicillin. I took it once as a baby and got a rash.
Post # 9
My skin is allergic to nickel or any metal that’s not pure gold or sterling silver. That’s easy to live with though.
More inconvenient is my allergy to morphine or any opiate-based painkiller. So recovering from major surgery after a burst appendix was absolutely no fun at all.
Post # 10
Most of mine are skin-related. Nickel, although I feel like that’s most people. I’m allergic to most soaps and laundry detergents, and dryer sheets. They’ve sent me to the urgent care for a cortisone shot more times than I care to think about. Artificial fragrances and dyes, especially in skincare products (Bath & Body Works is not my friend). Beeswax. I can’t use most cosmetics unless I want a nice, scaly eczema rash on my face.
Other than that, just your typical seasonal indoor/outdoor allergies. I’m allergic to cats but I own 2 of them lol.
No food allergies, but dairy and gluten tend to make my eczema flair up so I avoid them. Not allergic to any medications, so far at least.
Post # 11
I’m allergic to peanuts/treenuts as well!
Post # 12
Any meds ending in “cillian”. Also most fruits- apples, peaches, nectarines, cherries, pears… My mouth swells up and feels like needles and same with my throat… (I still eat them tho)
Post # 13
Fresh fruit and veg, some meds, cats, rabbits, dogs… Actually any animal even birds. Grass, plants, mould, dust mites. I hate my life haha
Post # 14
wow. all of these posts are really interesting to me haha. good to know i’m not alone! i also have eczema so i have to be super careful of harsh soaps and lotions >.<
bubbycakes: that’s a longass list! i’m sorry to hear that. do you take any meds for it?
bbbria: haha my mom was allergic to cats too but she had them anyway 😛
Post # 15
- Wedding: February 2013 - Mansion House at the MD Zoo
I’m allergic to nightshade vegetables–tomatoes, potatoes, tomatillos, eggplant, many peppers…. I actually had a bad reaction with lips and tongue swelling last night because i scratched myself picking tomatoes in the garden. Super sucky because I hadn’t had contact reactions until very recently. It’s really limited the joys of brunch. :-/
graygodess20: Please please please be careful and don’t eat stuff that makes your mouth and throat swell. Take it from me; I made that mistake. Allergies like that tend to get worse with more exposure because your body builds up the histamines that ‘fight’ the allergen, so your reactions can get more severe over time. The step after swollen throat is closed throat. If you really want to have fruits (I get that) please see an allergist and see if they can do shots or something to decrease your sensitivity. *steps off soapbox*