Post # 1
As we are getting closer and closer and I am getting more and more stressed (some of that has to do with work being CRAZY right now, not just the wedding schtuff) it makes me feel so much better every time I just say “F*&#K it!” and let something go!
We have a priest. we have rings. no one will be naked (hopefully? I mean no one in the wedding party…) we will get pictures, we will have music and people will be well fed and wined. anything beyond that is just not worth worrying about. Because at the end of the day, we will be married and that’s what matters. (Im obviously feeling very Zen right now. ask me tomorrow and I may change my mind about how important the tiny details are.)
So what have you put in the f-it pile? here’s my list:
- OOT bags (sorry!)
- Bathroom baskets
- Tanning (I’m pale. deal with it)
- The rest of the ballroom dance lessons. (we purchased a small package and are about 1/2 way through. I’m a little bummed about this, but we’re running out of time, plus FH and I are often on opposite work schedules, making it more difficult. we’ll get the rest of them done after the wedding when we need a fun date night.).
- a formal workout plan. (If i havent started yet, its not happening. I’ve started taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator. so there you go. and if I still have a little tummy? that’s what that beautiful ruching is for!)
That’s it for the time being. but who knows how that list will grow in the coming weeks. 🙂
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia
@delovely13: I’m not quite at the “fuck it” stage yet, but I applaud your Zen-ness!
I spent an hour last night organizing OOT bags 🙂
and 20 minutes this morning with Jillian and the 30 day shred.
I’m clearly insane.
Post # 4
Bathroom baskets definitely went into mine. As did OOT bags (but we had very few OOT guests). I chose way early on that I wouldn’t tan. I’m fair-skinned too and wanted to look like me on my wedding day.
Post # 5
the only thing i have left to do is finalize music and make the seating cards. everything else is done.
Post # 6
– OOT Bags/Welcome Bags
– Linens (the place gives us free white linens though our wedding is more off-white/cream colored)
– Laser hair removal… it just isn’t about to happen
– ANYTHING we didn’t already book/purchase is not about to be (Besides the M&M Thank You take aways)
– Ordering Programs/Menus <– I Know! How awful! The meals are preselected and we’re just going to do one LARGE program on display (calk board style)
– Get Away Car/Limo… we’re staying upstairs and not going on a honeymoon so w/e
Post # 7
Oh good – I’m not the only one with a “fuck it” list!
- Mason jars for drinking glasses
- Table runners
- OOT bags
- special jewelry to wear
- formal diet and work out. I tried to do this, but I found letting the dress out just a tiny bit was much easier!
Post # 9
OOT bags. I have all the bags and they’re partially filled, but I’ve lost steam on the project and am not bothering with it anymore. We’re not even going to hand them out, hah.
I’ve been really lagging with my workout routine and I am a person that regularly works out and always has! I don’t know why, but lately I really just don’t feel like it. I’ll do 30 minutes of cardio or weight lifting every day, but thats it. I normally workout 1-1.5 hours 6 days a week! Whatevs.
Tan – I will not be tan. Originally I was planning to be, but none of our guests will be tan in October and neither will my FI. I don’t want to stick out like so many tan brides do in their photos. I feel like it ends up being such an eyesore when the bride is super tan and everyone else is their normal skin color.
Post # 10
My “fuck it” list:
- Cutesy signs I saw on Pinterest (not worth the time, $, and aggravation to make)
- Bathroom baskets
- Making hair pins/clips – I’m just going to suck it up and buy them
- Overly ornate seating chart – Going with something simpler with the supplies I have on hand
- Purple table runners for the head table
- Bolero jacket
At this point, it is what it is, and as long as FH and I are married at the end of the day, that’s all that matters. I’m more worried about having enough clothes to pack for our honeymoon at this point.
Post # 12
1. Menu cards. We preselected everything anyway, so too bad.
2. Working out. Not because of time, but because of my health issues – the endometriosis has flared up violently the last couple of months. These days, I’m celebrating going up and down the stairs without agony. Fortunately I haven’t really put on much weight (maybe 3 pounds?) so I think I’m still looking good. 😉
Post # 13
- Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site
OOT bags were the first thing to go out the window
I’ve been getting laser treatments since may, but with all the dicking around they did in the beginning (I got a groupon, so yea, last priority, right?) and my third appointment was last tuesday, the same day I got laid off so I was NOT in the mindframe to go get zapped. The do not reschedule, aparantly this is just not possible. They’re never running on time, and it seems that 100% of their time is booked for the next 6 weeks, and there is NO time for my 5 minute appointment to be squeezed in. Right, fuck you. So, now, I have to go get a dreaded brazilian wax, and I’m about shitting my pants scared right now, lol. One thing went out the window, but now I have to book another.
I really REALLY want to do two bathroom baskets, I think I should be able to hit the dollar store and walmart to get a few basics, it shouldn’t be too long, and IF it doesn’t get done, no big deal.
A ride from the venue to our hotel… I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m not taking care of it, lol. Worst case, we’ll go hobo style and call a cab at 2 am, lol.
Post # 15
Yup, OOT bags and bathroom baskets.
Post # 16
No out of town bags
No bathroom baskets
(Stole those from you lol)
No personalized cornhole boards
No pashmina basket for people who get cold
No menus at every place setting…no menus anywhere, actually. Eat the food, don’t read about it 😛
No send-off bubbles or rice or streamers or whatever…no send off.
No ballroom dance lessons at all.