Post # 1
Do you have certain beauty products that you love so much, that even if you try a new product, you ultimately end up going back to your original favorite? Or if the company decided to stop selling it, you would raise a huge protest to try to bring it back?
I’d love to find out what other bee’s top favorite products that they’ve used for more than a year are. I ask, because maybe I’d like to try them out too!
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub- 18 years!
- Olay Complete “classic gentle formula” spf 15 face moisturizer – 13 years (it’s the only sunscreen lotion that has a smell and texture I don’t hate, and I did raise a big protest for them to bring it back when they stopped making it. and it worked!)
- D:fi D:struct pliable molding crème for hair – 11 years (it’s literally the only thing that keeps my flyaways down)
- Cover girl LipSlicks lip balm in Daring: 6 years
- Maybelline shine free powder (loose and pressed) – 6 years
- L’oreal infallible lip gloss in rebel red – 2 years
I swear, if I veer away from any of these products, I inevitably end up going back to them.
What are your all time favorites?
Post # 3
1. MAC’s shadow: Retrospect–6 years
2. MAC’s studio fix–10 years
3. Burt’s bee’s chapstick–5 years (I think?)
4. Garnier Fructis Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel (LOVE)–1 year
5. Bed Head’s Hard Head Hairspray–2 years
6. Crest White Strips–6 years
I always go back to all of these (as for the white strips, I had whitening trays from the dentist also but I just prefer the strips and they work the same).
One product that I loved that is already gone, is Buff Puff’s–little peach colored disposable exfoliating puff’s. The regular puff’s that are not disposible are just full of bacteria and aren’t as cheap to repalce like Buff Puff’s were :-/
Post # 4
Mac Eye Paints – they are the best eye shadow ever made and they last forever
Sally Hansen Smile Brightening Lip Treatment lip gloss – actually makes your teeth look whiter
Mac Foundation Brush – not as much of a product, more of a tool, but for me, it is the best makeup tool ever made
Sabasten Glass Straight – straightening hair gel that when applied to dry frizzy hair, brush in and hair is straight iron straight and glossy. They quit making this product and I only have two bottles left, I pray they start making it again 🙁
Post # 5
oooh, I can’t wait to try some of these products!
I just found a related post too: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/share-your-favorite-must-have-beauty-products
@tksjewelry: too bad about that Sebastian Glass Straight– I would have loved to try that. I hate spending too much time on my hair in the morning, so I usually don’t 🙂
I love any products that make getting ready faster/easier!
Post # 6
@janie-janie: Totally agree with you on Olay facial moisturizer. I use the complete one for sensitive skin.
Also, NARS Orgasm blush–i’ve stuck with this one since college.
Post # 7
I miss Urban Decay’s skin care line. They had the best facial mask in the world. I used it for at least five years before it was tragically discontinued. It’s been at least eight years now that it’s been gone, and it still makes me sad every time I think about it.
As of now, I don’t know if I could live without Tarina Tarantino’s eyeshadows. My favorite summer look is to use her orange eyeshadow as a single color on my lid along with a healthy smattering of bronzer.
Post # 8
Clearasil facewash, never found anything better since I was a pre-teen. Everything else I change up a lot, although things I haven’t changed in years are my conditioner (Matrix smooth & sleek), shampoo (aveda shampure), deodorant (kiehls), eye makeup remover (origins), soap (dove cucumber).