What are your financial goals for 2014?

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 3
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@gingerspice:  SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!  I’m saving to continue to pay for college as I go, then DH and I are jointly saving for a vacation and probably replacing my car in the next few years.

Another goal that I have that may not sound financial is spending more wisely when it comes to buying clothes.  I usually don’t want to spend a ton on clothes so buy 3 iffy $12-20 shirts that I wear a few times and hate instead of spending more $30-50 on nicer clothes that I’ll have for much longer.  I’m trying to invest in my wardrobe so I look more put together on a regular basis if that makes sense.

Post # 4
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

To pay off the wedding & honeymoon by the time the wedding rolls around.. [so around $22,000], which is a pretty large amount for the area we live in [lower middle class country area].

The last few months we plan to save almost everything we make so we can place a somewhat decent sized downpayment on a house in 2015.

Post # 5
6510 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Our biggest goal is to pay off the rest of my student loans (~$15,000) which should happen in October if all goes according to plan.

After that we are going to try to live off one salary only and save the other.

Post # 6
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

DH and I were able to pay off our cars after our wedding, so now we are focussing on:

-putting money into our savings accounts each month

-increasing our mortgage payment to pay off the house faster

-opening a direct-investing account to invest our savings ourselves rather than pay someone to do it

Post # 7
1549 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Our goals are:

-Pay off our credit cards (a little over 2k left and should be paid off by March)

-Pay off my car (12k balance)

-Start saving for a baby

I have discovered that we can’t have a baby until my car is paid off because we won’t be able to pay for daycare. We were supposed to start trying now but now we have to wait until June earliest and thats assuming the balance on the car is down to 4,500 by then. I am so freaking sick of being so damn broke!

Post # 8
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Paying off credit card debt and saving! 

Post # 9
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@gingerspice:  Below are my big goals…

-eliminate CC debt

-should have about 10k in our wedding fund by EOY.

-Should have at leasr 1.3k in my ‘fun’ savings account by EOY

– Should be able to add about another 1k to my personal savings account my EOY

Post # 10
8593 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Buy DH a new car

Continue to save money for our house

I do really good putting into my retirement accounts so I am definitely good on that one, it will just continue on.  Right now we live off my salary and I save DHs.  But once baby comes I imagine we’ll have to spend a some of his.

Post # 11
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

my goal for 2014 was the exact same as 2013. Save a specific dollar amount across the entire year. I have 12 months to do it and a portion of each paycheck goes directly in savings, so I can definitely do it again. 

Last year, I hit my goal on December 27. I was cutting close, but I made it!

Post # 13
1725 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

• Pay off CC debt (somewhere around $3k now. Got one card paid off already this year!  Woot!)
  • Sell at least one of our cars and get something better
  • Save at least a 10% downpayment for a house

It’ll be a little tight, but I think we can do it ok.  I wish we could live on one income, but it’s just not possible.  

Post # 14
2358 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Build cushions in two accounts, one savings and one checking.

Make larger than necessary payments towards student loans.

Post # 15
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

• Pay of CC debt 
  • Have the baby’s room/furniture paid for in cash
  • 3,000 by the end of the year in savings 

Post # 16
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

My biggest goals are to:

-finish paying for the wedding (only 2 more months, yay!!)

-pay off all credit card debt (around $3000)

-get my savings up to at last $15,000

-save enough money for a down payment on a house

I pay 0 interest on my car so it doesn’t make sense to pay that off early, then hopefully in 2015 I can knock out most of my student loans

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors