What are your thoughts on Scentsy warmers?

posted 3 years ago in Home
Post # 3
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Those warmers can explode, there are a bunch of YouTube videos on it, also the wax itself is made of chemicals that I don’t want to breath in. I don’t use candles, warmers, or incense any more after reading up on whats in them. I stick to boiling cinnamon or vanilla on the stove. 

Post # 4
Member
3360 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I looked into them, because they’re for sure cute, but I won’t use them because of the chemicals in the wax.  I’ve thought of using one just for warming essential oils – you can put something like lavendar in and use the heat to release and spread the scent, and it’s not dangerous to your health – but that’s all I would do.  I also stopped using Bath & Body plug-ins for the same reason (I loved those things, but the oils in them release VOCs.  My dad actually had really bad respiratory issues that totally cleared up when my mom got rid of all the plug-ins in their house).

Post # 5
Member
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

I tried to buy one once. I gave the lady $40 for the warmer and some scent. She took my money and I never saw her again. So I am kind of anti, lol.

Post # 6
Member
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I have 3. I don’t use them all the time, but often. No kids, just a cat. I’ve never had a problem with them. I’m not sure about using candle wax, but I use the cheaper Better Homes and Gardens wax cubes instead of the Scentsy brand ones. Just to save money. 

Post # 8
Member
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@ChellFish22:  I have one, and both SO and I LOVE it! His parents have one as well. We have never had a problem with it.

Post # 9
Member
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I love my Scentsys! I got my first one as a gift from a student and I’ve been hooked ever since. I flip mine on maybe just a couple times a week, not too extensively, so we aren’t constantly breathing it in.

I used to burn tons of candles before getting the Scentsy, and the Scentsy is definitely less messy.

 

Post # 11
Member
10494 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hate.  Why would I pay to put something in my house that will make me sick?

Post # 12
Member
8518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

I bought my mom one a couple years ago. She liked it because it was pretty, but ultimately she just prefers candles. The scent didnt travel as far as a candle goes, and it didnt melt very fast.

Post # 14
Member
1878 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Valparaiso, IN

I purchased a candle warmer from Victoria’s Candles, she makes all of her candles from scratch and I haven’t had any problems with her. If there’s risk of a baby pulling it down and getting burned, don’t put it in a place where he could reach the cord.

Post # 16
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Paraffin wax contains formaldehyde which is released when you burn candles or melt the wax. The scents they use, “fragrance oil” is linked to all sorts of breathing disorders, with candles, they produce soot (along with other chemicals) right into the air your breathing. Some research shows that burning candles, waxes, and incenses can be as hazardous or more as smoking, Especially those made in China. Do some research, I used to love my candles but I suffered from really bad sinus problems. Once I realized what I was burning and stopped, I now only get seasonal sinus problems instead of year round. 

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors