8697 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I say shop around if he says no way.

Post # 4
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@LadyMoriarty:  My fiance’ haggled my .77 round diamond in a simple 2mm 10k white gold setting down to $1500. Anything is possible! Don’t talk yourself out of what you want, even if you think it’s unachievable!

Post # 5
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

0.5 TCW for $1300 sounds more than doable to me.

If it doesn’t work out, shop around! If it’s a simple design that you want, you could look on a place like jamesallen.com. They have great deals on there. Another option would be to have your jewler make your setting using moissanite or white sapphire (if you’re okay with either of those options) and that should bring the price down!

Good luck!!

Post # 6
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I think that sounds doable and like the other girls said, if he says no then get to shopping 😉

Post # 9
6207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I also don’t think you should have a problem getting something you like for $1500! Just make sure you look around to make sure you get the best deal that you can

Post # 10
4415 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Always ask if that’s the best they can do.  When I worked at a jewelry store, I always gave a better deal to the people who asked me that, but if they didn’t ask, I sold things at the price listed. 

Post # 11
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I think a 1/2 CT for 1,300 is def. reasonable. My ring is like .62 CT and was 1500. It is solitare but I later decided I wanted side stones and paid 500 to have them put in. I got my ring at Zales. Just browsing the Zales website, I see lots of great options for under 1,300.

A few are:

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11987650&kpc=1′ defer=’defer

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12581105&kpc=1′ defer=’defer

Just a few… there are lots! I am sure most jewelers have great options to!

Post # 12
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@LadyMoriarty:  You’ll do fine! Besides, what you’re asking for is completely do-able with your budget. If you don’t find it at the first place, there’ll be a million more places willing to meet your needs!

Post # 13
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I just saw a ring tonight that was a TCW of .60 and it was $1000 so your budget is definitely enough for a TCW of .50. Hope you find something you love! =)

The topic ‘What can I expect for $1,300?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors