(Closed) What colour flowers for our aqua blue, black & white wedding?

posted 6 years ago in Flowers
Post # 4
11343 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@smiles4jo:  I had what I considered to be Caribbean-sea blue bridesmaids’ dresses, and the groomsmen were in ultra-formal black tuxes and tails with white shirts, white pique vests and ties.  Our altar flowers where white, and my maids all carried shades of pink, along with some green and white hydrangeas.

Post # 5
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

You could do white roses with aqua accents on the handles. My mother had white roses in her wedding, and it was gorgeous. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures handy.

Post # 6
532 posts
Busy bee

you could go in so many directions…

red flowers

blues and greens

muted pastels

What look do you like best?

Post # 8
1 posts
  • Wedding: October 2012

Anemones- precious white flowers with ablack center.  You could use an aqua wrap…

Post # 9
1935 posts
Buzzing bee

First of all, what colour are your bridesmaid dresses? If they are aqua I would go with white flowers.

Post # 11
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I have almost the same colors as you (teal instead of aqua) and I am doing all white flowers, with teal ribbon, white lace over the ribbon, and then little teal pins. I agree that sometimes the flowers can fade away into the dress. At the same time though, the blue flower options are so limited without them being (or looking!) fake.

Post # 12
876 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t know how you feel about adding another color, but I love the idea of pink flowers! 

Post # 13
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I looked at some aqua flowers. I think some of the bouquets I saw were silk and others were dyed. I remember seeing gerber daisies and roses that were pretty depending on the shade you are looking for. Some look more fake and others more natural just as with anything else–probably depending on the quality if you go with silk. There’s a plumeria that has a little bit of a blue edge to it, but it might be too blue for you. Here’s some pics I found online (some have the designer names you can google):

Post # 15
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You are very welcome. I’m glad I could help. And I’m very happy that all the hours I spent pouring over flower pics paid off. 😀

The topic ‘What colour flowers for our aqua blue, black & white wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors