(Closed) What did you labor in?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
Member
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

my sister wore her birthday suit.

i plan on wearing one of my husband’s shirts. i’m not pregnant yet, but i like planning.

Post # 4
Member
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

When I did my hospital tour, the nurse recommended a sports bra and a birthing skirt.  She said a lot of women’s stomachs get very hot and sweaty, hence the no shirt recommendation.

Post # 7
Member
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I labored in a hospital gown (clipped up at the shoulders) I was still leaking waters all through labor and had to keep getting up and down to go to the toilet etc. The gown made it easy for monitoring and when I gave birth I was able to whip the clips undone ready for skin to skin straight away. Also with the blood loss, it was nice to hand it to my nurse after my shower and never have to see it again!

Post # 8
Member
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I had ideas about wearing all sorts of things. But, it was the birthday suit for me, both times. I had a water birth with my second daughter, and the sort of modesty you may have pre-labour simply doesn’t exist once you’re into it. Just go for it!

Post # 9
Member
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I wore a hospital gown, no undergarments. Considering how messy giving birth was, I’m kind of glad it was an easily disposable thing instead of something I’d paid money for.

Post # 11
Member
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think hospital gown is the way to go.  It is going to get gross so why ruin something you own?

Post # 13
Member
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I will probably wear a hospital gown.  I think I will have some cute VS pajamas to wear for the days at the hospital after the delivery- but likely a hospital gown for the big even.  I have HUGE breasts (always have, but at this point I cannot even go for a moment without support) so I think I will also need a nursing bra or nursing tank to hold those big things up.

Post # 15
Member
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@mrsSonthebeach:  I am almost 17 weeks (monday) and my boob bump is bigger than my baby bump!  I started at a 34H (?) and it has been quite the experience.  They hurt all the time and it makes sleeping difficult.  I just keep telling myself that they will be good for the baby…

Post # 16
Member
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

are you giving birth in a hospital? i’ve never gone through labor but i work in a hospital and have attended many deliveries. 97% of the women i see wear hospital gowns. the other 3% are nekkid. haha, i never even considered that there might be options to wear a laboring outfit! 

The topic ‘What did you labor in?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors