Post # 1
LADIES WE ARE ONE MONTH OUT!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
What are we all trying to finish up on or what loose ends are we trying to tie?
Here’s my list:
1. DIY hangers for bridesmaids
2. DIY chalkboard program
3. Handkerchiefs for Parents
4.Buy Pumpkins for ceremony site
5. Make timeline
…there’s probably more but that’s on my mind right now!
Post # 3
Here’s my list:
1. Finalize flowers with florist (not sure exactly when we’re doing this).
2. Possibly one more alterations appointment.
3. Make seating chart once all the RSVP’s are in Our RSVP-by date is the 30th.
4. Finalize list of “must have” pictures.
5. Have one more meeting with the rabbi (the night of the 30th).
I’ll probably have more to think of too.
Post # 4
@acfulhorst: UGH I AM SO EXCITED. i’m just getting to that phase where i’m like OMG ITS COMING and i’m getting nervous and stressed and excited! AH!
here’s what we have left to do:
1) Turn in final headcounts 9/18
2) Finalize seating chart (we have a few ass holes we’re still trying to track down)
3) write out escort cards
4) finalize music list and meet with DJ
5) Anal-retentively organize all our decor and other things to be transported to venue
6) final fitting and dress pickup (!!)
7) wrap bridal party gifts
8) Hair color and trim
9) makeup trial
10) pick up marriage license
11) get my nails done
AAAGGGHHH THAT’S IT!! SO crazy how quickly the last 16 months have gone by. I can’t even believe it. I’m just going to do my best to savor this next month!
Post # 5
@TwoStatesBride: I forgot a haircut (trim), haha. Oops!
Post # 6
@TwoStatesBride: DEFF should add this one to my list
“5) Anal-retentively organize all our decor and other things to be transported to venue”
Cause our basement looks like a mad house right now!!
Tonight we are getting our marriage license.
I’m sure in 2 weeks my list will be longer!!!!
@classical_wolf: MUST HAVE PICTURES, I started a list and need to finish! Thanks for the little reminder!!!
Post # 7
@acfulhorst: Not a problem! I feel like I should add more to mine (for photos done by the photographer), but I figure there will be so many people there with their own cameras/phones, that some of the pictures with guests (not immediate family) can just be done that way!
Post # 8
I still have to do:
-Finish the table numbers/names
-Print the programs (church and reception)
-Get the toast glasses/cake knife
-Pack for the day
-Ceremony shoes! (Yikes!)
-Select music and meet with DJ
-Final meeting with Priest
*Just passed out*
Post # 9
I am currently working on programs.
Then I have left:
small details like getting a basket for programs etc…
Get gifts for my girls
Have my final fitting
Get shoes for my Junior Bridesmaid
Bake some cookies for the cokkie bar…
Thats it i think
Post # 10
@Pretty_Chick: pretty much *pass out* : )
I feel that we are all onthe same page with our deadlines and what loose ends we are getting tied!! I love this because it makes me not have a mental breakdown!
Post # 11
- Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia
-have rehearsal dinner dress altered
-finalize rehearsal dinner with venue
-buy some more stuff for the welcome bags
-print out the welcome bag booklet
-print out kids booklet
-track down final guest RSVP’s
-finish seating chart
-finish place cards
-pack and ship everything to Philadelphia! (thats a huge one. Gotta get moving on that)
-final payment to all vendors
-get final haircut
-buy a new carryon luggage for my dress
-get SO’s ring engraved
I think that might be it? I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but thankfully, we are very organized (and we hired a lot of help!)
Post # 12
-Welcome bags — buying supplies, buying stickers to put on our plain white bags
-Card box — Fiance swears hes going to help with it!
-Finalize a few last minute things with the band
-Work on welcome packets for the welcome bags
-Have programs and welcome packets professionally printed
-Have my second dress fitting
-Finish bridesmaid gifts (scrapbooks that I’m making myself filled with pictures of us from throughout the years)
-Figure out gifts for our parents
-Write a bunch of thank you notes for early wedding gifts we’ve received
-Figure out transportation timing
-make bathroom baskets
-Confirm all final payments and make them *ughhh*
-work on after party plans
-finalize Rehearsal Dinner menu
-make a reception seating plan — RSVPs are due Sept 27
-Shop for and pack for honeymoon!
I’m sure theres more but this is what I’m working with for now… Ugh! 37 days left. I’m just ready to be walking down the aisle already and to have all of these little details OVER WITH!
Post # 13
– Second dress fitting
– Hair trim
– Label and pack decor
– Send finalized ceremony wording to officiant
– Wrap bridal party gifts
– Pack for honeymoon
– Make seating chart
– Submit final numbers to venue for food
– Assemble favors
Post # 14
This is going to sound crazy… but if I write it all out… I might pass out and have a heart attack. It’s a lot! But I’ve gotten a lot done this week! It’s just all the little stuff and loose ends/ vendor meetings/ dress alterations left now.
Post # 15
Not much left for us, I finished most of all the little details already too 🙂 Just finished wording and ordered the programs, menus and escort cards yesterday and had a haircut a couple days ago. So excited!
1. Guys need to be measured for suit rentals within the next week (4 out of 6 have not been measured yet, including the groom).
2. Finalize music selections (and consult with DJ) also due in one week…this has been a hard one!
3. Work out day of schedule/transportation/task details and send to VIP’s
4. Confirm out of town guest travel plans
5. Final Fitting for dress (I am so excited that it is almost ready!)
6. Practice dancing (we’ve both never danced much before-his dad is going to give us some basic pointers)
7. Finalize our vows and review ceremony with officiant one more time before rehearsal.
8. Plan gift exchange
9. Put together my day of kit (want to find a good lip stain so I do not need to touch up often after MUA leaves)
9. Find another pen for guest book (decided we need more then 1)
10. Pay all remaining balances off
11. Shop and pack for honeymoon
12. Relax and enjoy 🙂
Post # 16
Twenty-one days as of this morning for our wedding — I can’t believe it! Let’s get the show on the road already! 🙂 We are SO excited.
We still need to (and by “we,” I really mean “me” on most of these):
— Write out our place cards
— Assemble our centerpieces
— Take my wedding gown in for pressing
— Hair and makeup tests (Hair on 9/27, makeup TBD)
— Have our last four ballroom-dancing lessons (one is tonight and another is tomorrow night)
— Final meeting with our photographer to discuss shot locations, family combos, etc. (9/20)
— Drop off all reception decor (9/28)
— Confirm details with our Reverend, florist, and baker