(Closed) What do you love about your FI? & what are you getting him for valday?

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’m leaving town tomorrow to spend some time with my family for the first time since Thanksgiving, so while I’m gone I’m going to be working on a big heart. I’m cutting it out of fabric and hand sewing it together. On the front I’m going to sew on “I [heart] U” and surprise him with it on Saturday when I get back.

Post # 4
1111 posts
Bumble bee

Because he is awesome?!  

So I got him a box of chocolate covered knock-off oreos, a book by scott adams, and a sandy paperweight thing.  

I always wanted one of the sandy paperweight things… :p

Post # 5
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We really enjoyed our couples massage on our honeymoon so I’m getting us another one here that also includes a chocolate fountain.

Post # 6
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m also getting him an engagement ring! (I figure later it will be a wedding ring he doesn’t have to worry about losing in the woods since the real ring is going to be expensive and this one is just silver)

We’re also going to San Diego, taking a birding cruise, going to the zoo, and having a fancy dinner. We love traveling and good food, and aren’t materialistic.

Post # 7
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m getting him the gift that he wants more than anything….a train ticket to come up and see me!!!  I can’t imagine anything he would want more. ๐Ÿ˜€  

(On an unrelated notw, I have also gotten my mother a picture of me for her birthday/Christmas every year for the past 10 years.  See a pattern here???)

And ditto surkim on the awesomeness.  

Post # 8
1336 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I love how he is supportive and loyal yet still makes me laugh when he’s a total goofball. 

I will get him a card a head massager (small gifts due to our upcoming wedding), and some chocolates.

Post # 9
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Me and my Fiance are kinda going low key this year. With the wedding and a big move we just made to a new town, money is tight. So we are just gonna rent a few movies, get eachother a card and have a night inside with maybe a $5 dollar pizza lol. But one thing i think we are going to do is something we did wayyyy in the beginning of our relationship. One time we told eachother to write down 100 things we love about the other then read them to eachother on our next date. Well Im thinking this year we are going to think of 50 new things to add to that list. Maybe we will make this a tradition. Who knows????

Post # 10
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Good post!

What I most love about my Fiance is that he’s my best friend and I can tell him any thing and just be myself. I love the fact that when I need him the most he will never let me down or abandon me because when I needed him the most he was there for me. He’s my hero. He is a very special man there is no man like him in this entire world. I love him sooo much.

I’m probably just going to cook dinner for him. It’s on a Sunday so we’ll go to church that day and then I’m going to cook him dinner. I don’t want us to spend that much money. Tonight (Friday) we are having an early Valentine’s day dinner celebration with some of the people we go to church with. It’s a church event. So that will be tons of fun.

Post # 11
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I love that we have a mutual respect for the other’s inteligence- we don’t have to compete with each other and I trust his judgement, without him making me feel inferior. It’s a difficult balance to find- and I love him for it!(there are other things, but thats just the one that comes to mind now)

I got him a pair of oakley sunglasses, he has 2 pairs of knock offs of the gascan style so I figured I’d get him the legit ones!

Post # 12
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I love how he stands by my side no matter what. He is always there to support me and love me and care for me.

We aren’t getting each other anything! haha!!! We are just about to close on our house, so we don’t want to spend any extra money. So I got him a card and a 99 cent box of candy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

we aren’t really doing valentines day (don’t tell but I will get a present for the cat. I love to) we decided not to do gifts since we are saving for the wedding and we would rather go out on our honeymoon than now. We are 36 days away so valentines day will be a wedding casualty this year for sure.

what do I love about him? OMG I could fill a novel! I love that I am me when I am with him. if that makes sense!?

Post # 14
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

There are so many reasons why I love him, but to name a few: he treats me like a queen, he is hard working, respectful, thoughtful, and kind.

I brought him some Mary Kay High Intensity Cologne.

Post # 15
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

It seems like a lot of people can’t afford gifts due to their upcoming weddings, but many gifts can cost very little or be free!!! I don’t feel like I have to spend a lot for V Day in order for it to be special (and vice versa). I like the one idea above about simply writing 50 things you love about the person. And having a pizza at home with movies is great!

I’ll get a card and a few little gifts and set up a scavenger hunt like I did the last two V-Day’s. I make up cute little clues and then he runs all around the house like an 8 yr. old looking for the next clue, etc. At the end are all the gifts. (Just little things like stuffed animal, mini-cologne, Phillies/Eagles mug, candy)

Hope everyone has a great V-Day!!

I love him because he’s caring, sweet, insanely smart and incredibly funny. We have so much in common and never, ever get sick of each other or being together! He’s just awesome.

The topic ‘What do you love about your FI? & what are you getting him for valday?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors