What do you think?!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 4
2131 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

It’s very pretty! That would be such a fun way to get engaged! Good luck!!!!

Post # 5
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

Gorgeous, I love three stone rings! Hope your vacation is awesome! 

Post # 8
1170 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2002

Very pretty, and you will get tons of sparkle out of the round! 🙂

Post # 10
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Bettyboo1982:  I love it! Is ithe center stone .53 or the whole ring? One thing to consider, but only if it matters to you, is that if the ring is .53ct tdw, it may be much smaller than you think or than it appears. Rounds do face bigger than different kinds of cuts the same weight, but from what it seems given the side diamonds, you’d only be looking at maybe .25ct for the center stone. I think it’s lovely regardless of size, joust something to think about if size is of any importance to you…

Post # 12
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 1994

I have a round .5 that I love!

Post # 14
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

And your Upcoming Trip sounds shall I say… PROMISING

As you are such a newbie to the whole ring thing let me offer up some info…

Having an idea of what you like is good…

But I’d still try on an assortment of rings / looks in your price range.

Because what looks good in a photo isn’t necessarily going to suit your hands… (in the same way that a pair of jeans may look great in a photo but not suit every body)…

Lots of Bees have reported they had one idea / one ring in mind… went shopping and then discovered their “dream ring” didn’t suit them at all… and were very happy they took the time to browse before making a final decision

Also, I’d read up on Diamonds… Educate yourself, know all that you can.  Because this whole experience can be BOTH fun as well as overwhelming at the same time… such a significant purchase and all (and not one that is easy to return / exchange).

STYLE & SETTING is the initial feel look we are all attracted to… but you’ll also want to learn all you can about the 4 Cs…  CARAT SIZE – CUT (Quality & Shape) – COLOUR – and CLARITY

Not to mention COMFORT and COST

You can learn a lot on the Blue Nile Website, and their EDUCATION PAGE found here = http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-and-jewelry-education

Also know that most Jewellery Store Clerks are paid a commission in addition to their base salary… so altho they may “look like your friend” they are not… and that they are extremely competitive in wanting this HUGE Sale, so they’ll be prone to turn up the pressure.

Don’t BUY INTO THAT… if you get overwhelmed, confused… walk away.  Go regroup and take some more time… more likely than not no one else is going to come in and buy that exact same ring that same day (or even the next day).

Have fun… Engagement Ring / Proposal or not… NYCity is a fabulous Vacation Destination… enjoy !!

Post # 15
41 posts
  • Wedding: August 2008

I bought yhe below item from costco.com. It was $6000 and appraised for $13000. It’s beautiful. The cenyet stone is lovely and seems quite large. The halo stones are quite small though. this is just one ring, but you might find more affordable options online than in an actual store. Maybe just get style ideas from the store.

how exciting! Keep us posted 🙂
1.00 ct center, IGI included | Item #747053

Post # 16
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors