What do YOU think about Toddlers & Tiaras?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I would never let my daughter do that the only way she would EVER do a pagent is if it was a natural one…

Post # 3
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

i posted on a different thread the other day that i saw this for the first time on the weekend and my hubby commented that he was feeling like a creeper seeing these young babies dressed up like dolls and dancing in what we both thought was inappropriate – some of the moms are outright crazy

Post # 4
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I don’t agree with it, but some of the girls truly enjoy the competitions. I plan on keeping any daughters I have unexposed that those sort of competitions are even out there. Also, those photos are very much computer enhanced, so they don’t bother me as much as some of the dances the girls do.

Post # 6
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I get irrationally angry at this show.

Post # 7
5658 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

I saw a part of an episode or something on the subject awhile back and well I think it’s abuse…

And it’s the parents fault… They are verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive & it’s clear by the way the poor little girls act ='(

And I think that it’s stealing what these kids should have a right to have and that’s being a kid.

Yep I know I sound kinda harsh but I think it’s that terrible

Post # 9
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Ms Spitfire: I guess I’m not too worried about it happening because they aren’t very common in my area and we don’t have the money to blow on stuff like that, so I don’t have to feel bad about stifling my theoretical daughter’s passion since we have a good reason not to do them. I guess I feel that it is just something that should be up to the parents and the children. If they enjoy them, and it brings them closer together then that it just how it is. Some people are just vain like that, and this activity caters to that trait.

Post # 10
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I hate this. They look like mini adults. It’s awful. I watched it once and my biggest issue was that they make them wear fake teeth to hide the one’s that are missing. They are little girls who should have teeth missing! Ugh. It’s making me angry even typing this.

Post # 11
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Personally, I find it disturbing….

Post # 11
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Absolutely disgraceful.  Parents who put their children through that (who eventually become extremely spoiled/pampered) should be ashamed of theirselves.

Post # 12
1831 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

This disturbs me more than anything else on television right now.  I think it’s abuse to subject little girls to such ridiculous behavior.   Honestly, it’s the mothers living out their dreams through their children and I find that appalling.   Ugh, it makes my blood to think that some parents think this is ok – it’s not and it sends a terrible message to children out there. 

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

I think when you make small children look like young sexy women that is what makes men lust after children! It is sick to make toddlers  act and look like sexy young women. Its one of the reason that you have men molesting children. The sickness is already there but why do you need anything to make it stronger and make the temptation stronger! So to me when you make your small children look like sexy women, you are setting them up to bad sexual experiences in their life! It is just another sin the satan gets satisfaction from!

Post # 14
1319 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I would love to let my kid do it. The problem is kids like to win, and I wouldn’t be okay with half the stuff that wins those pageants. She won’t be half naked, won’t be shaking anything, and I can’t stand the head bobbing with the fists under the chin. I would want her to have fun, while being age-appropriate. Which means she’d probably lose, and it’d be no fun.

Natural ones, probably. I actually don’t mind the makeup of the glitz, but I’d have to explain that this is show makeup, not real life, and she will never go out looking like this in public (outside of pageants). Then again, kids don’t necessarily understand that.

Also, my kids will be well-behaved non-brats, so they probably wouldn’t fit in anyway.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors