(Closed) What do you use to clean your black granite & stainless steel appliances?

posted 7 years ago in Home
Post # 3
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

You can use anything on stainless steel however I prefer just water!

I wipe down the appliances with a wet cloth and then wipe clean with a clean dry tea towel. And ta da clean appliances.

Hopefully somebody else can speak to the granite!

Post # 4
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

The stuff it came with! Ours came with stainless steel cleaner.

My parents use a granite cleaner and a very soft towel on their granite.

Post # 5
3344 posts
Sugar bee

We have a granite cleaner that we bought at Home Depot.  Works just like 409.

Post # 6
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2004

I love Method’s granite cleaner. I have Weiman’s stainless steel cleaner, which works well, but I don’t have the same love for it as I do Method!

Post # 7
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You can use baby oil, or any flavourless oil, to polish stainless steel. Otherwise there should be proprietary cleaners available at bigger stores.

Post # 8
2090 posts
Buzzing bee

We use a “granite counter top cleaner” you can buy at the grocery store/Target/etc. Can’t remember the brand, but it has a picture of a granite counter top on the bottle. Its a spray bottle, we just spray it on, and wipe down the countertops with either a rag or paper towels.

We also have this spray “stainless steel cleaner”, and it works really well but STINKS!!! We also bought that at Target.

Post # 9
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

You can buy stainless steel cleaner and any big box store.  Having sold appliances before, I can tell you that Pledge in the ORANGE can works the best.  Just spray it onto a soft dry cloth and wipe away.  For some reason it’s only the orange can that works the best.

Post # 10
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We use stainless steel cleaner wipes. They work great and are so convenient! I think we bought them at target or something similar.

Post # 11
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have a special mitt thing for the stainless steel.  Pledge also makes a spray that works super great.

Post # 12
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Iused to work in a restaurant kitchen that had all stainless steel surfaces, and the owner taught us to keep them immaculate. The way we did it was to use a regular paper towel and windex. Spray the windex on the stainless steel surface, then wipe straight down in perfect vertical columns, following the direction of the “grain” of the stainless steel surface. They were always spotless.

Post # 13
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Don’t know what to use on granite since we don’t have it—but we just bought some spray on stainless steel cleaner at Walmart and it works great!  Just use a spare sock (clean of course! haha), spray it on (onto the surface or to the sock depending on the product) and wipe it down.  Then take another clean sock and buff it 🙂

Post # 15
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I recently found out about Barkeeper’s Friend.  Awesome on stainless steel and the glass cooktops.  You can find it almost anywhere, Target, BBB, walmart, grocery store, etc.  I absolutely love it now that I know about it.

Post # 16
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I don’t know about granite.  But for stainless steel, we have some KitchenAid stuff that came with our appliances.  It works pretty well, but we haven’t learned where to get more.

Bar Keeper’s friend is pretty good too.  I think it can be used on Stainless Steel?  And it is mad cheap. 

The topic ‘What do you use to clean your black granite & stainless steel appliances?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors