(Closed) What does 2013 have in store for you?

posted 5 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Jan 2013- Getting married on 01/20/13, going on our honeymoon to Iceland!

March 2013- Start the process of looking for and buying a home

May 2013- Our second annual Viking Feast, which was a huge hit last year, now that word spread, should be even better this year!

August 2013- We will start TTC

October 2013- Our second vacation still unknown on where we will be going!

Post # 4
2137 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@redheadem: Good luck with the house stuff! So exciting πŸ™‚

January-Annual waffle morning New Year’s morning, classes start back up.

February- SO and I have been together 5 years!

March- Hawaii with SO

May- I’m having surgery (again)

July-August- Hawaii with my family

Post # 6
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

June – Road trip with friend followed by destination wedding!!!!!

July – Begin Master’s program and move to yet to be determined location in who knows where USA.

August – Begin new job (hopefully!)

2013 is going to be one whirlwind of a year for me!

Post # 7
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You gals have some fun trips, Paris, Hawaii, Iceland! 

February – big, fun family reunion

March – 1 year wedding anniversary (holy cow!)

June – trip to North Carolina for an entire week -our first real vacation, ever

June-August – spending time at our lake place

October – celebrating ten years together

December – my husband’s birthday, the last one before we start TTC *yay!*

Post # 8
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

April-DRESS SHOPPING!!!!

August-11 year anniversary

September- 1 yr engagement anniversary

October- Georgia for a friend’s wedding

I’m really hoping that my year can stay uneventful so that we can focus on saving money and wedding planning.

Post # 9
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

@redheadem:  Our first viking feast was May 2012, the idea was started and created by my fiance and his buddy after a hard night of drinking in his man cave around September 2011! Where all men come up with their great ideas!

Anyway, they were watching a documentary about viking warfare and decided that my fiance should make mead (honey wine), and hold a viking feast. I should add that my fiance home brews his own beer.

So my fiance made a batch of mead, took about 6 months to ferment, he bottled the mead, and we ended up with 27 bottles of home made mead (honey wine). We set the date for the viking feast and sent the invites out.

Viking medieval costumes were encouraged but not required, I stuck with a very basic menu as I was trying to think if I was a viking could I have eaten that; Pork and veggie shis kabob on the BBQ, 27 pound turkey cooked and cut up for ease of eating, strawberries, raspberries and blueberrys, mixed nuts, corn on the cob,pumpkin seeds, hard boiled eggs, mini corn muffins, and shrimp. We set up four 6 foot tables all in a row in our basment to creat a grand feast table, borrowed a shit load of chairs, tons of single taper candles on the table, we drank the mead out of a 15 piece wooden punch bowl set I found from the early 70’s on ebay, and placed as much food out on display on solid wood plates, bowls that I slowly collected over the course of the 6 months while the mead was fermenting from the Good will store. We had about 18 people attend. And gave out little viking rubber duckies as party favors that I found from Oriental trading company. We watched viking documentaries, listened to music and had a blast trying to be vikings!

I have tons of photos! Here is one of our buddy passed out at the end of the night and ofcourse the guys posed him!

Post # 10
9612 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

4 year anniversary in January, along with 1 year engagementiversary, FI hopefully will start uni, I start my Masters, and hopefully move out sometime in the year πŸ™‚

Post # 11
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@mishagirls79:  Mmm, mead. What is the date again? I’ll be there! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

@indibee:  My fiance made two batches of mead this year, so we will have 52 bottles of mead this year! πŸ˜‰ I just added one photo to my response. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

January – Trip to the US to see FI for 2 weeks (technically starts next week!).

March – Trip to Taiwan with MOH. So excited!

March or April (hopefully) – Trip to Tokyo for my visa interview. Spend a couple of days sightseeing as well

July – Finish my job

August (visa pending) – Move to the US to marry FI

August or September – Depending on how applications go, move to an undetermined US location so FI can start grad school

October? – Wedding!

November – finish my current grad programme (depending on a few circumstances).

December – So long as I recieve my work permit on time, start job hunting!

@mishagirls79:  Iceland! Wow!

Post # 14
1193 posts
Bumble bee

April – Senior Art Show

May – Graduation 

September – 5 year anniversary

Uh…. that’s it. I literally have no idea what’s going on next year. 0_0 It’s kind of scaring me just a little.

Post # 15
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

2013…

January-April – School and working 2 jobs

May-August – Internship somewhere… preferably a medical malpractice lawfirm or environmental lawfirm

August-December – Final semester of school, first big break from SO

Probably engaged by the end of the year. Though I’m not sure if it’ll be in Summer or after I graduate… Or maybe not at all! We’ll see!

There’s also a possible trip to Jamaica, Cancun, or the Bahamas sometime towards the end of Summer too! I’ve never traveled further than Michigan to Florida…. ^_^

Post # 16
2543 posts
Sugar bee

February or March – Moving into a bigger place!

June – Our one year wedding anniversary!

Some other point in the summer – hopefully heading to the East Coast to visit DH’s family, or to Denmark to see our friend

December – Going off my BC pills and starting pre-natals in preperation for TTCing in 2014

The topic ‘What does 2013 have in store for you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors