Post # 1
With my wedding 14 months away I feel like I come up with a new DIY project every half hour, lol. Part of it is to help with the budget, and part of it is that I’ve always been a crafty person and I feel like the wedding will be more “me” the more I put into it.
So what is everyone doing themselves? Anyone who is already married have advice and/or horror stories to share?
As of right now my confirmed DIY includes (in no particular order):
- Floral arrangements (well more so my sister then me, she’s like taken classes for making floral arrangements)
- Escort Cards
- Well Wishes Tree/cards
- Candy Buffet
And the list keeps growing! Can’t wait to hear ideas/stories/suggestions from the hive!
Post # 3
Mine consist of
- Invitations (done, thank goodness!)
- Rehearsal Dinner Invites (working on)
- Programs (working on)
- Escort Cards
- Flower Girl Basket
- Pew Decorations
- Small centerpieces
I guess thats all, it doesn’t seem like a huge list, but it sure does take forever to finish things! My list kept growing too, I had to take a step back from certain things, like planning to bead my own veil, it was just causing unnecessary stress!
Post # 4
Mine are: table runners, bunting, floral arrangements, menus… I think that’s it.
Post # 5
I’m also doing the programs. Basically anything made with paper, lol, as I’m a huge scrapbooking fan (and already have a TON of scrapbooking supplies so it isn’t a huge investment).
Post # 6
there are waaaaaaaay more diy’s but those are what I have on my plate/am focusing on right now.
Post # 7
Oh geeze… my DIY is quite large… hmmm here goes in no particular order…
- Postcard Response card
- Direction card
- 8×8 Guestbook pages and
- Future Guest book
- Table Numbers for like 22 tables
- Cake topper of 2 little wooden sheep (bride & groom)
- Thank You cards
- BM/GM gifts
- Clutch and special message in locket for BM
- Unique personalized cufflinks for the GM
- Rehersal Dinner Invites (just realized yesterday I kinda needed those)
- Flower Girl basket (or pouch rather.. found on martha stewart weddings)
- Ring Bearer Pillow
- Aisle Runner ( I want it to fit the 5′ wide aisle)
- Ceremony Programs
- Escort Cards
- ALL reception decor excluding flowers
- One of my FSIL and I will be making all the bouquets
- and cloth boutineers
- Cupcake stand(s) for our 200 cupcakes
- Napkins with 2 different song lyrics stamped on them (haven’t decided lyrics yet)
- Various Signage… sigh
- Bathroom Baskets
- Tears of Joy tissue holders for ceremony
- Monogram (Still working on.. sigh)
- I*SPY “game for reception
- Music Playlist
And I think that’s it!!!!!! phew! lol
Post # 8
Letterpressed Invitations, RSVP postcard, weekend events brochure (not letterpressed)
Letterpressed Rehearsal Dinner Invites
Centerpieces (Mom mostly doing)
Direction signs (wood arrows on road)
“B” and “G” for our chairs
Little other stuff but that’s enough for me to look at, ha. Most is done!
Post # 9
Save the Dates (working on)
Escort Cards and Escort card trees (hanging the cards)
I’m not sure what else…. ahhh lol
Post # 10
- rehearsal dinner invites
- escort cards
- table numbers
- children bag/activities
nothing has been started and i have 2 months to go!
Post # 11
For those of you who have already completed things when did you start working on them? I’m getting anxious but I think the FH might think I’ve really lost it if I start working on my wedding crafts 14 months in advance, haha.
Post # 12
@ amnystik oh thank goodness somebody else has a huge list like I do! I just posted a question on this board asking if anyone thinks you can “overdose” on DIY as I am feeling a bit like I might be too ambitious, but I feel better now, and hey we’re month twins too so we have plenty of time!
Post # 13
Moss Initials for Church Doors
It doesn’t sound like too much until I actually write down all the steps I need to complete to finish each project!!
Post # 14
• Invites (done, thank God!) – the invite themselves were letterpressed, then I did everything else (they were mailed in a box, with tissue paper and a raffia and starfish decoration)
• Floral arrangements (with help from mom)
• Bouquets / boutts / coursages / etc. (with help from mom)
• Centerpieces – candles with sea glass around them
• Menu cards
• Escort cards
• Rehearsal dinner invites
• Thank-you cards (with help from my letterpress guru)
• OOT bags
I hope thats everything!!
Post # 15
Ya’ll amaze me!
-invites (mostly done)
-rehearsal dinner invites & bridesmaid luncheon invites
-garland/signs/decorations to hang from trees
-centerpieces, all flower arrangements and bouquets (mom, DOC, bridesmaids, and I are staying after the rehearsal dinner to get these done)
-favors (making tags and assembling everything)
Post # 16
@panda_in_England I for sure know how you feel… BUT I’m plenty sure we can totally wreck shop and get it done!
I don’t think you can over do the DIY as long as you can get them to tie together in theme/color… DIY are such personal touches and I LOVE the uniqueness of them!
WOO HOO to all us DIY brides! =)