Post # 1
I am Curious to get your opinion on resonable pricing for So Cal! for the following Items:
- on location hair styling (When the stylist comes to you at home or hotelroom)
- on location hair styling w/ clip on LOANER extensions (When the stylist comes to you at home or hotelroom)
- on location makeup Application (When the stylist comes to you at home or hotelroom)
- on location makeup Application w/ Airbrush Makeup (When the stylist comes to you at home or hotelroom)
- on location Trial session (When the stylist comes to you at home or hotelroom)
- In Studio hair styling (When you go to the stylists location)
- In Studio Makeup Application (When you go to the stylists location)
- In Studio Makeup Application w/ Airbrush Makeup (When you go to the stylists location)
- In studio Trial Session for both Hair and Makeup
Only Answer what you want! Thanks for your opinion!!!
Post # 3
Here is what I am getting:
-on location air-brush makeup with or without (haven’t decided) eyelash application: $85.00 (trial is free)
-on location hair: $95.00 (trial will be $75.00)
Post # 4
I just got off the phone with my salon….make-up is $45 and hair starts @ $55 plus a travelling fee of $20 (but that goes up the less people we have..)
Post # 5
I think it depends on the skill level of the stylist. My stylist was really expensive but simply amazing and I was fine paying for him. But I’ve had my makeup and hair done before for other weddings where even $65 was way more than what they were worth.
I paid $450 for on location hair with my own clip in extensions, airbrush makeup with false eye lashes. And he was worth every penny.
Also, I’ve never heard of loaner extensions. I would not want to wear hair worn by other people. That sounds really gross.
Post # 6
I paid $75 for my makeup which was done by an independent makeup artist at the place that did my hair. I paid $160 for my hair at the salon. That included the trial but not a tip. One thing it didn’t include was washing and drying my hair. They charged me an extra $20 for that. I guess it’s not standard to include that which, never having done this before, I didn’t realize! Overall it was worth it but after seeing what other people paid I was a little upset with how much my hair cost.
Post # 7
@medsie35: Hi Bee,
If you don’t mind what city are you in, and what company did you go with?
Post # 8
I am paying $100 for onsite hair and make up at the Salon for the day of my wedding….
Post # 10
I own my own make up and hair business for brides.
I normally charge $200 for the bride for hair and make up and $150 a bridesmaid. But I also offer packages for larger bridal parties. I think it mostly depends on your location in the country and whether its onsite or not as well.
Post # 11
- Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago
I am paying $450 total for on location hair (with my own extensions) and makeup. My stylists are the highest level at the salon. Bridesmaids are $85 for each service.
Post # 12
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
On location hair and make-up were $200 each (or $400 total) for me, which included unlimited trials. The hair trial we nailed the first time out, but I had 4 make-up trials to find a primer-foundation-setting powder/spray combination that worked for my sensitive skin. And I would pay that $$ all over again to look and feel that stunning. I also paid $85 per service (or $170 per person) for my ladies (airbrush make-up and whatever hair style they wanted). I’d do it again in a heartbeat because they all radiated such beauty and confidence. I loved seeing them looking so happy with their look. Oh, and there was a flat $60 travel fee.
Post # 14
I’m paying $210 for my hair and make-up including the trial. My bridal party would be $85 for hair and $60 for makeup and I’d need to pay $50 per stylist that would be needed, which they said would be 3 for the amount of people I have and I’m in Savannah, GA.