(Closed) What is the etiquette for the B&G’s meal during a buffet?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
2859 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

I’m not sure how it is in general, but for our wedding, the “head table” gets served while the rest of the tables go up to the stations.

I put “head table” in quotes because we’re not really at a head table. We’re just going to sit with some family at a regular table. But you know what I mean.

Post # 4
520 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been to buffet weddings where the bride and groom were served and at another wedding where they got their own food and went first.  I would probably go for being served.  Less risk of spilling food on your gown.

Post # 5
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Im sure it depends on what you want to do. I have been to a few and they got up and got there own.

Post # 6
433 posts
Helper bee

We’ll get served while the bridal party and parents go up to the buffet, and then everyone else.

Post # 7
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

At ours, the catering manager came to us and said she’d get us plates.  (We had just been planning to go up when they called the head table. 🙂  Worked well, we just told her what we wanted or didn’t want. (no olives for me!)

Post # 8
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We’re planning on going up, but since I’m so clumsy, I think I’m going to wear an apron when the food is around.

Post # 9
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We were served. We sat at a sweetheart table, so it we were the only ones that didn’t go through the buffet. Our family tables went through the line first.

Just a note – eat fast or consider not eating at all! I feel like we lost a lot of visiting tables time when we were eating!

Post # 10
Hostess
16217 posts
Honey Beekeeper

At our venue, someone will go through the line with me and handle the dishing/plating so I don’t have to worry about my dress.

Post # 11
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

we just went and got our own before everyone else, so we’d have time to talk to people after we ate. i wouldn’t want someone to get it for me b/c i wanted to get what i wanted.

Post # 12
950 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We had an attendant who handled the drinks for the table, but all the food for Mr. & I.  We were about to go up & serve ourselves when she introduced herself to the table & let us know that we didn’t have to get up.  This actually helped us see more people b/c they could come to us at any time…and it helped us to eat b/c we didn’t have to get up to visit.  We still did, a bit later, but guests liked that they knew where to find us if they wanted to say hi.  Plus, I LOVED that Maria (our attendant) just got whatever we wanted…extra prosciutto & salami!  & bring on the cupcakes!

The topic ‘What is the etiquette for the B&G’s meal during a buffet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors