Post # 1
Hi bees! Please share your skin care routine!
I have a busy life and most of the time I get so lazy to do a lot of different things for my skin.
Here’s my everyday skin care routine:
• I wash my face with 100% fragrance free face wash.
• I put on moisturiser and mineral foundation (then make up).
• After work, I just wash my face with the same face wash I use every morning.
• Then before bed I apply skin oil (I think this is really good for my skin).
Extra care when I’m in the mood (once or twice a week):
• Avocado mask
• And omg how good are the green tea bags eye mask! I bought a lot of eye creams and none removed my severe dark circles, green tea bags does it for me and they cost 0.001 cents!
I know I should have put some toner, clean my make up with special make up remover etc. But to be honest, my skin is ok as it is, I wonder if I need to spend a lot of money to buy more products and have an exceptional skin?
What lenght do you girls go to for skin care products? Any home remedies tips that actually work? 🙂
Post # 3
I really don’t use any skin care products except for basic face wash. It’s got little exfoliating beads in it. In the summer, I go all out with the SPF. I’m pretty strict about that. I suppose I probably ought to be thinking about wrinkle prevention, but honestly, I just can’t be bothered and those products are so expensive.
Most skin care things I don’t even know what they are for and even if I did, I probably couldn’t be arsed to use them. Fortunately, I’ve always had pretty good skin (never been prone to acne or anything like that).
How do the green tea bags work? I’ve had awful dark circles lately, thanks to about two months straight of severe insomnia. Normally, my skin care routine involves a good ten hours of beauty rest every night, but life is sort of getting in the way of that at the moment. I look like I’ve been punched in my eyeballs.
Post # 4
My routine for AM
- splash face with cool water.
- put on my cerave cream or organic troubled skin cream from Etsy
- use my BB cream
- Wash face with Aveda or Cerave sensitive skin with hand brush(depending on the amount of makeup I have on)
- apply treninion cream 1 or 2 times a week, cerave cream over top.
Thats it!!! my routine used to have so much going on before, too complicated but now it is simple and my skin loves me for it.
Post # 5
for a natural toner that’s cheap look into witch hazel. I have been using that.. and only that and moisturizer plus a exfoliant once a week and I’ve been break out free. I was actually shocked how well it’s worked.
Post # 6
Clinique mild foaming face wash, Clinique toner and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel and All About Eyes eye cream (pre makeup)
At night, makeup wipe, face wash, toner and Johnson’s 24 Hour Moisture Cream and eye cream. I sometimes alternate my night moisturiser, I have like 10 to use, I just think it makes a difference to keep swapping creams.
I also just recently started using a serum from Loreal in a brown bottle (can’t remember the name) that you use before moisturiser. It makes SUCH A DIFFERENCE to your skin!! I absolutely love it.
Also, a 500mg vitamin C pill 3 times a week = bright skin.
Post # 7
I have dry, sensitive, reactive, acne prone skin. Yay.
– wash face with 1.5% benzoyl peroxide (fragrance free, 100% comedogenic/irritant free) face wash, wipe off with wet wash cloth (for exfoliation)
– oil/fragrance/irritant/comedogen free moisturizer on damp skin
– Target brand eye cream
– Everyday Minerals jojoba foundation (LOVE), followed by the rest of my makeup
– remove eye makeup with Neutrogena eye makeup remover
– wash face with BP face wash (2x week switch out with BP exfoliant wash)
– same moisturizer
– Target brand eye cream
I stopped using toners and now look very closely at everything that gets put on my face against a list of comedogenic and irritating ingredients. My skin is finally clearing up.
I’m definitely going to try some green tea bags, though.
Post # 8
@Edelweiss: Aww I’m sorry that you’ve been having amnesia! I bought a box of organic green tea, it’s like $3.25 for 100 bags. But I’m sure any green tea will do. It’s the caffeine that actually make this works. So make sure you use tea bags with caffeine. But don’t worry it wont make you stay awake all night as if you drink it 🙂 It’s actually very relaxing!
What I usually do:
• Pour boiling water into a mug, just fill half of the mug
• Add 2 tea bags in!
• Then do your things and wait for it to cool down a bit (I usually brush my teeth and browse WB :))
• When you’re ready, switch the light off (this actually better than doing it in the bright room)
• Check your tea bags and test if it’s still too hot. I like them warm, it’s the best!
• Just squeeze them gently, you dont want the bags to be too watery and drip all over your pillow!
• Lie down, put the tea bags on your eyes..one each.
• Close your eyes, relax and day dream for 15 minutes 🙂
• And that’s it!
It really works for me, but I’m sorry if it doesnt work for you, but at least it’s so cheap and easy to try! The next day I feel my dark circles are not so dark anymore. I usually do this twice a week.
@raisedonrobbery: I’m interested to find out about organic troubled skin from Etsy, Aveda and Cerave!
@Woodstock: I’ve never heard of witch hazel but I’ll find out:)
@princesswedding: Oh yes I heard that Vit C is good for your skin, I drink orange juice in daily basis but I think I should take some vit c supplements!
@vorpalette: Everyday Mineral Jojoba foundation sounds good! I love mineral skin care. And the green tea bag details is above!
I’m tempted to try KORA, organic skin care by Miranda Kerr but it’s too pricey. I absolutely love the packaging because it’s my favourite colour. Maybe I’ll try it one day!
Post # 9
Right now because I’m getting ready for the wedding I have been…
-wash face with reversalist face wash by avon
-apply reversalist night cream
I’ve also been tanning occasionally (bad, I know) and I’m about to start using Jergen’s gradual tan lotion. I’ve been using Dove firming body lotion below the neck.
Usually, when I’m not getting ready for a big event, I just…
-wash face with olay bar soap
-apply olay active hydrating beauty fluid lotion