Post # 1
I am curious to know the flow/order of your reception. I’m working on creating mine but I’ve only been to about two weddings in my lifetime and I’m not sure how to create an order without any awkward moments. FYI I have my photographer for eight hours so there’s no need to rush anything like the first dance.
I’m thinking about doing this:
625 Food is blessed-Eat
645 Groom’s toast, Other toasts
700 Cake is cut
710 Guests are welcome to cake
735 First dance
745 Guests invited to dance
I feel like I’m missing things…help!
Post # 3
Are you planning out father/daughter mother/son dances, bouquet toss, a send-off, etc?
Post # 4
The way we ordered our reception was:
– Bridal party entrance (parents, flower girls & junior bridesmaid, bridesmaids/groomsmen, best man & maid of honor, bride & groom)
– First dance (immediately after the entrance)
– Toasts (we had two, one by the Maid/Matron of Honor, one by the best man)
– Buffet opened (a short time after the toasts, probably less than 30 min)
– Cake cutting (about an hour after the buffet opened)
– Dancing and more dancing (including an anniversary dance at one point)
Post # 5
Yeah all the father/daughter, etc. dances are included in the time slot as the first dance. And we want to do the bouquet tossing and garter tossing as we’re exiting. I also feel like I need to extend time. My ceremony starts at 5, the reception at 625 and we have the building until midnight