Post # 1
I’m going to look at two reception venues tomorrow. I’m very excited and a little nervous, since this is my first big step in my planning process. I would love advice on what kinds of questions to ask the staff!
Post # 3
Is your date available? Or, if you haven’t picked one yet, what is available? What’s included in the price? Will there be a coordinator there to help you before hand and the day of? What is in the contract? (Obviously) Cost? Deposit? When is the deposit due? When is the full amount due? When can you cancel? What happens if THEY have to cancel? When is a final count required? Can you bring in outside food/drinks/cake ect? Number of people it holds? Do they set everything up? If you have your own centerpieces, will they put them out? If you have to set up, when can you get in to decorate? Do they have prefered vendors you must use? Do they break down stuff? Are you responsible for clean up?
I’m sure there are more but that was all I could think of!
Post # 4
Thanks, that’s really helpful! I’m definitely going to be shopping around a bit, so it’ll be good to have a compare/contrast list for each place 🙂
Post # 5
- Is there a changing room they provide for you? (If you don’t plan to change you can always store things you brought to set up.)
- Do they carry wedding vendor insurance?
- How much notice notice do they need to schedule the tasting?
- Is the tasting complimentary or discounted?
- When is the final head count due?
- Is it cheaper if you pay cash? (This always gets my costs down with most my vendors.)
- If security is required, can they arrange this for you and the cost? (Some states/city ordinances require this.)
- If you’re serving alcohol/open bar, will they arrange a bartender for you and the cost?
- Can your bartender use their glasses?
- What are banned decorative items? (Some don’t allow sparklers or anything with open flames.)
- If there are multiple rooms such as a banquet hall, how many weddings will go on the same time as yours?
- Can you come back the next day to clean as opposed to that night?
- If you need to cancel, instead of losing your deposit can you apply it to a future date?
If I think of anything more, I’ll come back. =) good luck!