What kind of rust is this and how can we get rid of it?

posted 4 years ago in Home
Post # 3
5561 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

CLR cleaner? 

Post # 4
45157 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hard to tell from the pic, but it could be just hard water buildup , or it could be corrosion.

If it is buildup from hard water, you can remove it with vinegar.


If the finish is actually corroded, the faucet wil need replacing.


Post # 5
2872 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’d try with CLR.  If it doesn’t come off, then you’ll probably need to replace the faucet.

Post # 7
82 posts
Worker bee

That looks like a copper or brass fixture with worn out chrome or nickel plate… you can try clr but may keep coming back if you don’t replace or have it replated.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors