(Closed) What kind of wedding would You have with $128 Million??!

posted 8 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I wouldn’t.  I could not bring myself to spend that much on myself.  There are many more important things to spend 128 million on- like world hunger.

Post # 4
7054 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Wow.  I would not myself do that either.  I’d make sure my family was set, donate to a few charities in my father’s name (heart association) and my son’s name (March of Dimes) and make my backyard and it’s  people who live near much nicer.  maybe donate some material for homes for habitat for humanity?

But if I had that kinda cash, I might go all out and use half a mill on a triple plantinum wedding! 

Post # 5
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I probably would have spent a little more on our wedding (since we were on such a strict budget) but I can’t imagine spending this much on a wedding.  Honestly, I’d feel kind of bad spending that much money on one day of my life, no matter how special it was.  I feel like I’d be obligated to do more for others with that kind of cash.

Post # 6
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

A cheap one, and keep the rest!!

Post # 7
1149 posts
Bumble bee

Well, one good thing:

“As part of the festivities, more than forty thousand beggars were distributed food across the country.”

Post # 8
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

The same one I´m having, just that I would pay for every overseas guest plain ticket, and probably buy a house, them look for a good deserving charity.

Post # 9
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

i would buy an island, fly our friends in and stop there… why ruin a good thing with family 🙂

Post # 10
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Lorienne – you totally pointed out what I was going to say! A lot of the weddings in the top rankings seemed to involve feeding a LOT of people – and not just family and friends. In the next most expensive wedding, the groom “rode his horse to every village and fed everyone”. He also “donated $10 Billion to set up an education foundation in the Middle East”.. so I guess I can’t judge too hard!

Post # 11
999 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010 - Mr. P's Grandparents’ Ranch

I would stick to my very low budget wedding and buy a great house 😛

Post # 12
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

Outragous… for sure. It was nice to read of the charitable works that happened though!

Post # 13
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

the kind where i paid off my student loans truck note and bought a great venue (new house) and hosted it in my back yard with wait staff and a white glove service!!

Post # 14
949 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Pretty much the same exact wedding that we are planning right now, but our house and student loans would all be paid off.  We are very laid back, so extra money wouldn’t change how we want our day to be.  I would invite the same exact small group of people, but would spring for their hotel, airfare, and a nice little vacation for them. 

Post # 15
5988 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Obviously I wouldn’t do that, but to play along…

1) I’d charter two planes.  One from my home town, one from his.  We’d pay for all of our guests to fly out to the four day wedding together and we’d start the party on the plane!

2) I’d host the wedding at Zion Mountain Resort outside of Zion National Park (b/c we had a really wonderful vacation there one time) and rent out the whole place.  It’s made up of all these fabulous cabins so each family could stay together, but we’d have all the meals communally.

3) I’d make a schedule of evevnts that would all be free for guests.  Horseback riding, hiking, excursions to other parks like Bryce Canyon, and mountain biking.

4) I’d have everything catered with delicious ranch style food, to fit with the theme of the location.  We would all eat together and therefore, all get to spend lots of time being together and celebrating!

5) I’d have lots of booze.  Somehow in this magical fantasy that would be possible (the location I’m dreaming of is in Utah, and I guess their liquor laws are tight).

6) I’d fly in my buddy’s awesome bluegrass band for entertainment.  Not only are the awesome and always get everyone dancing, but the music would really work with the whole feel.

Then we’d all fly back together.  I think that would cost about 1.2 mill, right?  Providing an all expense paid trip for all the guests to a destination that I’ve always wanted to return to just seems like it would set the stage for some real joyful and loving celebration.

Post # 16
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would invest that money in building a reception venue, and then have my wedding there, then I would get a return on my investment, and manage my own wedding reception venue and help other people plan their weddings!

The topic ‘What kind of wedding would You have with $128 Million??!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors