Post # 1
I’m wondering what type of winter or Christmas type of *special touches* are you adding to your reception or wedding? For example, centerpieces, decorations, nametags, favors…..or anything extra to make your wedding special?
Just curious…thanks:) just getting ideas……
Post # 3
I think your started this thread just for me 🙂
We are having:
- A Christmas tree instead of a gift table
- Out center pieces are pinecones, pine & berries
- Our card box will be a Christmas present with a big bow!
- Our favors are sugar cookies with red & green sugar
- Our cocktail hour pub tables will have big dishes filled with ornaments
- I think my mom wants to do some big birch branches with white lights
- Our table will have pine & berry garlands
- The bar will have a mini boxwood tree.
I know there is more but I can’t think of it right now!
Post # 4
I think if I had a winter/Christmas-y wedding I would use snowflakes somehow – there are so many cute ways to use them and they can be really subtle and simple or flashy and sparkly. I love winter weddings!
Post # 5
I feel very strongly that I do not want a Christmas wedding, but rather a wedding that has some Christmas elements. Therefore we are having lanterns that are wrapped in an evergreen wreath for our centerpieces. I also want to do the intial wreaths for the doors of the venue. The flowers will be red (some poinsettias, but not all!). I’m also hoping for some snow to get some really great pictures!
Post # 6
- Our bouts will have pinecones instead of flowers
- BMs will be carrying lanterns instead of bouquets
- Our aisle will be lined with candles and our ceremony will be dimly lit
- Our invites, programs, and table runners all feature snowflakes
- Our STDs, stamps, wine bottles all have New Year’s Eve themed labels (fireworks from the Space Needle in Seattle, which is near where our wedding is)
- Our centerpieces all have candles, some of them are manzanita branches with crystals and sparkly silver glitter
- I had a custom mini-top hat with birdcage veil made for the reception…we’ll have New Year’s hats and tiaras for the guests
- We’ll be singing Auld Lang Syne after the countdown to midnight
All I can think of for now! We’re definitely trying to do just wintery/New Year’s touches rather than letting it dictate everything.
Post # 7
We also have a Christmas tree in our ceremony and reception. Our guests are throwing snowflakes at us instead of bubbles or birdseed. Our ceremony and reception music is all instrumental christmas carols. Our bridesmaids are wearing red dresses while our groomsmen wear silver ties.
Post # 8
A pretty winter touch is to spread white glue all over 5 inch styrofoam balls and roll them in clear beads. Make a pile of “snowballs” in alow dish for a centerpiece or use 3 in a glass vase.
Post # 9
I am going with the whole snowflake theme for mine. My colors are navy blue white and silver. Here is a map that i made for my guests with snowflakes for the places.
Post # 10
I was at a wedding once that had about 12 upside-down christmas trees with lights hanging from the ceiling…
Post # 11
This post is old, obviously lol.. But I was so excited to see other brides had gotten married in December!!!!! So ill have to comment.
First our colors was Light blue, navy blue, silver & white.
We had blue and silver Christmas trees as our center pieces. We also had these silver things with silver stars on them on the tables. On our buffe table we had these white glitter snow flakes that was flat ornaments I just removed the strings from them that would hang them on a tree. We had blue garland running on the tables. Basically went all out! lol Our theme was winter wonderland. Also our favors was suckers shaped like snow flakes and they was light blue & white with a Holiday Card. And our ceremony we didn’t decorate at all because they had it decorated for Christmas, it was so beautiful it didn’t need anything else!!! 🙂 (We got married in my hubby’s family church) So the church was upstairs and the reception was down stairs, it all flowed very well together! Oh & I made my bouque So I put this white ribbon with blue snow flakes on the boque and also a silver glittery snow flake (another ornament) it was lovely! 🙂 Oh and lol alot of ANDS here haha… We bought a cake server that was blue with snow flakes and snow men on them with a matching plate. And we had these snow men whatnots on the cake table surounding that plate with our cake server. We also had cidar instead of wine & our cake was done in a Christmas theme! 🙂
In these two pictures you can see some of the ceremony decorations the church already had.
Post # 12
I realize this is old too, but I just had to mention a few things a friend did for her daughter’s Christmas/winter wedding. They had a snow machine in church that shot fake snow into the air as they made their exit. It looked fabulous and was SO different! She also made a set of ‘jingle bells’ to hand out for the send off. I loved it!
Post # 13
@ItWasntMe: That is sooo different and VERY neat!!!!! Such a sweet touch also!!!!! 🙂