Post # 1
- Wedding: October 2014 - Greenbrier Country Club
Dancing can be fun, but if you’re not into it (like FI’s family) what other activities can you have at your wedding to make things fun?
Photo booths are all the rage right now 🙂
I’ve seen lawn games.
What made (or is going to make) your wedding fun??
Post # 3
We’re having lawn games, card games, and dominoes as our reception entertainment. We also considered Karaoke, but I think we’re going to go fo a classier string quartet.
Post # 4
For us, it was simple…the people, the open bar, the music…even for people who didn’t dance, they were around the dance floor watching the action 😉
Another thing was a good flow to the day…keeps the energy up. We went to a wedding after ours, and while the music/dancing was fun, it was stop and start and didn’t get going till late. we ended up leaving early…
Not a huge fan of the photobooth, but they do seem to be popular. Food is always a big winner with our crowd too…Maybe some kind of interactive food/dessert station??
Post # 5
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA
Fun background music, photobooth, lawn games, lots of booze, lots of fun happy people, festive decor, fun relaxed atmosphere – not a lot of continuous stuffy weddingy things, not a lot of waiting around for things to happen.
Post # 6
@Anna10-05-2014: Hmm, I wasn’t thinking about stuff really. Our wedding was fun because of the relaxed atmosphere it had. Everyone was there to party and celebrate. No one fussed over small details. There was good music, good food, good company, and lots of booze.
Post # 7
As a guest, I’ve noticed weddings are fun when the B&G and their bridal party are having fun. Same goes with their parents. Attitude counts!
I’ve never had as good a time when any of them were visibly stressed.
I took all that into consideration for my own wedding.
Of course, good music, booze, and lawn games helped. We also only invited people we knew well – all fantastic friends!
Post # 8
Our wedding was fun for a few reasons:
- Our guests didn’t have to worry about transportation once they got to their hotel (destination wedding for 90% of our guest list). All events were hosted at one place and the hotel itself was located on a boardwalk, so there was plenty to do within walking distance.
- We had a welcome dinner where everyone was invited, so that they could meet all the other guests in a relaxed, casual atmosphere.
- Open bar for the entire duration. Since the rooms were upstairs, our guests could have a great time and just stumble up to the elevator. In fact, all three hosted events (welcome dinner, wedding, thank you brunch) had alcohol served.
- Semi-open seating. We served dinner buffet style, so while our guests had a suggested table, they were still free to move around and socialize with other people during dinner.
- We were able to enjoy our own cocktail hour because we did a first look.
- Great vendors. In fact our wedding was so much fun, our videographer stayed and filmed an extra 4 hours of footage for free (no this isn’t a friend/family member, just a vendor I hired).
Post # 9
I had a Sunday morning/afternoon wedding… (that lasted until 11PM) HA!…
My Darling Husband is Mexican and my mom surprised us with a live Mariachi band… to which EVERYONE loved!
I think it’s all about having a good atmosphere… making people confortable.
Since my Darling Husband and I are from different countries, different cultures, etc… I was worried the party wouldn’t click… but I was wrong… it was like everyone knew everybody…
After a few tequila shots, Margaritas and the Mariachi… it was like everyone knew eachother since ages ago… haha
OK Now I wanna remarry :p
Post # 10
Open bar and a great DJ — everyone was up dancing all night, even people who usually don’t dance!
Post # 11
Good music, the bridal party/bride and groom out dancing, s’mores bar, and DH’s cousin special requesting a Brazilian song so that he and his wife (Brazilian) could show off their dance moves.
Post # 12
Open bar got people up dancing! It was a blast
Post # 13
Premium open bar all night and our awesome guests!