Post # 1
After reading other bees posts and talking to people I know, it has come to my attention that there are so many different ways to order a processional. It seems to vary based on culture, religion, or even region. Who comes out first, second, third, etc.? Do you Bridesmaid or Best Man and GMs walk in mixed pairs? When do your parents walk?
What is your processional order? Why?
Post # 3
Neither Darling Husband or I had a religious affiliation or model to follow, so we kind of just went with the Norm. Though because we had 6 Bridesmaid or Best Man 5 Groomsmen and 1 officiant who was Groomsmen #6 it ended up a little different as well! Here’swhat we did:
- MOG and FOG
- MOB escorted by my sister (BM #6)
- Groom & Officiant (GM #6)
- Entrance of 5 Bridesmaid or Best Man escorted by 5 Groomsmen
- Bride escorted by FOB
Hope this helps!
Post # 4
thanks! The whole notion of the “norm” to me is confusing, because for me, the norm is totally different!! So far, this is looking like our “rough draft”:
2. FI’s grandfather (escorted by his nephew)
3. FI’s mom and dad (Stop halfway)
4. Groom (escorted by mom and dad)
5. Best man
6. Maid/Matron of Honor
7. 5 BMs escorted by 5 GMs
8. Flower girls
9. my mom and dad (stop halfway)
10. me (escorted by my mom and dad)
Oh boy! I have a headache just thinking about it! this isnt even the half of it either, both sets of parents will first walk out with their SO’s (stepmoms and stepdads) and when they stop halfway, their SO’s will go sit down. Sounds complicated I know, but I’ve seen it done before!
Post # 5
@Petite_Fraise: I think mine will be similar to yours. We were just talking about this at family dinner yesterday actually!!
2. Gramps escorted by my sister
3. Fiance escorted by both of his parents
4. Bridesmaids with Groomsmen
5. Flower girl
6. Me escorted by both of my parents
Post # 6
Here is what we did:
FOB and Grandmother of bride
Brother of bride and Grandmother of bride
Brother of groom and grandmother of groom
Groom and Minister
MOG and FOG
MOB and FOB
Bridesmaid or Best Man and GMs paired in twos
Best man with Maid/Matron of Honor
FOB and Bride
And yes, my dad did have to go 3 times 🙂
Post # 7
@mandypop: sweet! I’m not alone!! Our processionals are super similar!
Post # 8
I guess I never realized that the parents were supposed to be part of the processional? They aren’t in our wedding.
I think we’re doing:
– 4 BMs/GMs
– Maid/Matron of Honor and best man
Post # 9
I think mine will be as follows (final church meeting is this week):
Pastor, Fiance and Best Man come onto altar from side.
My sister and BIL
Father-In-Law and Mother-In-Law
MOB escorted by my two nephews (she is really excited about this)
Maid/Matron of Honor
Bride and FOB
Post # 10
So funny how different everyone’s is!
Post # 11
2. SIL 1
3. SIL 2
4. Darling Husband with MOG and FOG
6. Flower Girl and Ring Bearer
7. B with MOB and FOB
Post # 12
Oops I hadn’t even really thought about this other than what order each bridesmaid goes in. I’m going to have to use this page for suggestions! Thanks OP! lol
Post # 13
We have an uneven number of groomsmen and bridesmaids, so we’re doing it a little differently–
1. Officiant, best man, and 3 groomsmen will enter from the side and take their places at the front.
2. Groom with parents process down the aisle
3. Grandmothers with ushers process
4. 5 Bridesmaids, followed by Maid/Matron of Honor, and then kids (2FGs, 1 RB)
5. Me with both of my parents.
For the recessional, 2 of the groomsman will each escort 2 bridesmaids (a lady on each arm)