What percentage of your budget was spent on reception?

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 3
Member
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Ours isn’t exactly the most traditional but our reception is roughly 60% of the budget.

Post # 5
Member
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Ours is 60%. We are contracted for 18,000 out of our 30,000 budget. Thats including all food, alcohol, cake, candle centerpieces, some up lighting, nice chairs, table cloths, cookie wedding favors, our hotel room for 2 nights, ceremony setup and cleanup.

What it doesnt include is DJ, flowers, photo booth, photographer, clothing, rehersal dinner, transportation (though we dont need any) and whatever little extras like a card box etc.

This is a few thousand over what I origionally budgeted for the reception but Im just going to cut somewhere else, flowers and wherever I have to to keep us under 30.

Post # 6
Member
8797 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

My reception was about 60% of my budget as well.  So that includes the venue, food, alcohol, flowers, DJ, decor, photobooth, cake.  I spent about $23k FWIW. 

So that’s rougly $14k for my reception (100 people) and $9k for everything else (dress, invites, photography, transportation, rehearsal dinner, and all things miscellaneous).

Post # 7
Member
1655 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’d say about 60% of ours as well. 

Post # 8
Member
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Our is about 50%, including food, open bar, DJ, cake/cupcakes, reception flowers, and tax/tip

Post # 9
Member
3831 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

around 60%

my reception venue included linens, rentals, food, servers, open bar, bartender ($10k)

reception included photo station, DJ, and flowers. ($4k)

my wedding (not including rings and honeymoon) was around $25k in august for 70 ppl in a major city. 

 

Post # 10
Member
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Probably 70%

Post # 11
Member
1464 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding hasn’t happened yet…but our reception is in a popular restaurant’s private event space and it’s about 60% and climbing, venue includes food, bar, printed menus, and we’re pre-paying valet parking (wedding in the heart of DC on a Saturday night) for 70 guests. We need to still work out floral, DJ, and some decor issues but hopefully those will come out on the low lol. We’re at $38k but that includes our awesome honeymoon and wedding bands.

Post # 12
Member
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Ours will probably be 70-75%

Post # 13
Member
3672 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Laurenplusalex:  I am going to echo others and say about 60% of our budget went into the reception 

Post # 14
Member
13623 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Post # 16
Member
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Mine totally skews the average on here, since ours is a very budget wedding and the ceremony and reception are in the same place. But I’d say about 80% for a $2000 budget. The other 20% is my dress, his outfit and our rings.

Leave a comment


Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors