What petticoat should I get? What about a veil? Oleg Cassini ct291

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would bet they used a hoop skirt under that dress. I would look for an adjustable hoop with 3 or 4 hoops. As far as a veil, I would look on etsy, they have some beautiful and reasonably priced veils maker on there. 

I love that dress, it was in my final 3.

Welcome to the Hive and happy planning! 

Post # 4
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@DivineFidelity:  That is at least a four hoop unless there is a ton of crinoline underneath. I actually got my 2 layer cathedral veil on Ebay for $13 from China. 

Post # 6
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

What about wearing 2 crinolines? It’ll be hot but if you aren’t willing to wear a hoop then I’d suggest that.

Post # 7
804 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Wearing 3 or 4 hoops might make it hard to sit in that chair – but only if the hoops are too high up.  My underskirt has a hoop, and it is so much more comfortable than itchy crinoline next to my legs.  I’m also considering taking it off to “dress down” my gown at the end of the night – but we’ll see!

Hoops only “props up” the part right where the hoop is – so you wouldn’t want to have a hoop on your underskirt that hits at the part of your thigh that sits in the chair..  I actually think you would be more likely to be able to sit in a tight seat with a hoop skirt (which can be compressed) than a crinoline (which is very dense).  Also, if a hoop skirt keeps you away from your husband, so will an equivalent amount of crinoline.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors