Post # 1
I love podcasts and have SO MANY in my que, but im always looking for more to listen to. I listen in the car, at work, at the gym, at home when im cleaning or getting ready.
Here are a few i love:
- Dr. Drew podcast- he and guests tlak about addiction and mental issues. Always an interesting listen
- Adam & Dr. Drew– Adam Carolla and Dr Drew- the show is kind of like the old love line on kroq. Pretty Funny and always interesting topica and callers
- Totally Married- Elizabeth and Andy Laim are a married couple that give reltionship advise (not only for married couples) and talk about thier own marriage, dealing with daily life and strife. They address letter and voicemails from listeners and do followups. I LOVE THIS PODCAST!!
- Adam Carolla Podcast- If you like adam carollas comedy you will ike his podcast. very realist, take care of your self and family POV. Its a funny podcast that could be thought of as maybe offensive if youre sensitive. He sometimes takes callers, and usually has a famous guest that he talks about a current projet that is going on..
- WTF With Mark Maron – Comedian Marc Maron usually interviews actors, musicians, comedians. Kind of a like a casual conversation between friends (famous friends) that you get to be a fly on the wall for. Lots of eff words, but not super intense. This was one of the first podcasts that i started listening to.
- For Crying out Loud- Parenting podcast with Lynette Carolla and Stephanie (i dont remember her last name… Even though im not a parent i enjoy this podcast becuase its funny and they talk about the different way they deal everyday parenting issues. Also both hosts have mutiples (twins) and they talk about rasing multiples. They sometime take email questions from callers and have different guests, doctors and authors on the show
- TED talks- Short “talks” from experts about anything and everything!! Their tag line is “Ideas worth spreading” I cant even descibe all of the differnt topics!! I definitely feel smarter when i listen to ted talks!! LOL There is almost always a video with supplemental visuals that go along with the talks, but I rarely watch them. DEF CHECK OUT TED TALKS IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY!!
What about you bees? What podcasts do you partake in?
Post # 3
omg my bf is obsessed with podcasts…he literally has hours worth to listen to every single day lol.
I’ll listen to This American Life or Money Matters if we’re in the car together lol but I don’t download any myself. I’m more of a reader.
Post # 4
I listen to Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me, and sometimes The Splendid Table.
Post # 5
@Kandiss16: I just subscribed to Ted Talks and Totally Married per your recommendation!
Post # 6
@peachacid: What is wait, wait, Dont tell me about? 🙂
Post # 7
@QuirkySocialite: 🙂 you wont be disapointed! (well hopefully not lol)
Post # 8
DH got me into a few skeptic podcasts
I like SGU – Skeptic’s Guide to the Universe
The Reality Check – It’s Canadian and less professional than SGU but I find it entertaining
QuackCast – a medical skeptic podcast. It’s pretty sarcastic
I’ve also listen to a few money podcasts, but I haven’t found a great Canadian one. The best so far
Mostly Money, Mostly Canadian
Radiolab is also good and probably has the broadest appeal out of the ones I listen to
Post # 9
I listen to:
Firewall & Iceberg – Alan Sepinwall’s television podcast
This American Life: great stories
Car Talk: hilarious, people call in with car problems/etiquette questions
Wait Wait Don’t Tell me – news quiz show
On the Media: NPR show about media coverage
The Moth: stories
Breaking Bad Insider: talks about how they film the show
Larry Miller Show: comedy
Post # 10
@MrsTVLover: Iv heard good things about this american life. I’m going to check it out!
Post # 12
If I miss them when they air I’ll go back and catch up on Car Talk and Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me & A Way With Words (I’ve been on that one, woot!)
This American Life is good most of the time too!
Post # 13
I like This American Life and RadioLab. My FH loves Mark Marron and Adam Carolla’s podcasts – you two would be fast friends!
Post # 14
@MrsTVLover: Do you guys know how to get older episodes? The poscast app only shows the last 3
Post # 16
I like a few of the grantland.com podcasts especially Girls in Hoodies. And Julie Klausner is amazing: http://howwasyourweek.libsyn.com/