Post # 1
We’re meeting with the owner/event planner at our reception venue tomorrow. They will also caterer the dinner and drinks.
I know there are lots of important questions to ask, but I feel like I’m not thinking of them all!
Any suggestions of what I need to know?
Post # 3
@ColoroftheSky: Here’s what we asked!
-Is tax & gratuity already added into the price per person, or will it be separate?
-Do you have a required vendor list/do you allow outside vendors?
-(if you’re having a bar) – is the bar price included with the price per person, or separate?
-If you’re having a Friday or Sunday wedding, and/or off-season, what are the incentives (if any)?
-What decor is/isn’t allowed
I’m sure there’s more, but I think that’s enough to get ya started!
Post # 4
ask about hidden fees like….
– if you’re making your own wine, is there a corkage fee?
– is there a cake cutting fee?
– when can you get in to set up? Can you drop stuff off a bit earlier than that date/time to save you time when setting up ( we dont get our venue until friday night at 4pm but I was able to ask to go in on thurs night and unload into a storage area, that way fri we can focus on getting set up and not unloading)
– can guests park overnight if they drink too much
– any extra insurances needs to be purchased?
– any restrictions regarding decorating?
– when is last call?
– where can guests/ if they can…smoke?
– who do you contact the day of if you need help/ have a question?