Post # 1
If someone had repeadly upset you and you are now at the end of your tether do you say something…of course you would right?? But what if the person you are upset at is your brother in laws long term girlfriend? do i tell her what a bitch she has been and explain that she is not a friend or family and i want nothing to do with her outside family occassions which she may be invited to as a guest or do i leave it like nothing has happened.
I guess i know the answer but i need reassurance!
Post # 3
You just don’t say anything. What would be the point?
Post # 5
@ChocolateLime: My guess is that you dont say anything. 9 times out of 10 that is what i would do….however, we dont know the story here.
Post # 6
You take the high road and don’t say a word. If your Brother in law plans to marry this woman, she will be your family whether you like it or not.
You can’t change her.
She can’t change you.
Confronting her would solve nothing except further burn bridges and hurt feelings. Just leave it alone.
Post # 7
I wouldn’t say anything. Be civil at group functions and otherwise ignore her.
Post # 8
@ChocolateLime: Can you give details?
Say nothing and she will get the message. Make yourself unavailable for phone calls, texts, and social gatherings.
Post # 9
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
@ChocolateLime: Be the classier one and ignore her except for when you have to interact with her at family events and then try to limit contacct as much as possible. Saying something mean to her is only going to make you look bad and she might spin so that the family is upset with you for saying something to her.
If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
Post # 10
thats what i thought.
Just so you guys know the history i will list the things she has done (some are unimportant and petty others more serious)
1. Didnt attend my hen party even though she was chief bridesmaid because she wanted to stay home with her cat (the same cat she gave to her neighbour the year before and changed her mind a few month ago and is keeping him hostage in her flat)
2. Told me it was my fault i nearly died from anorexia and i didnt deserve to live
3. Told me i was too skinny to ever look good in a wedding dress and told me i shouldnt bother getting married.
4. tried to break me and my now husband up by pretending i was cheating on him ( i wasnt, she was in fact cheating on her boyfriend and i found out)
5. Told me my daughter looked was ugly
6. pretended to me that she had cancer to get attention and then used this lie so her boyfriend wouldnt break up with her (her boyfriends mum was going through chemo at the time)
6. Ruined 2 bridesmaids dresses before the wedding which i then replaced
7. Told me she was trying to trick her boyfriend into getting her pregnant by not taking her pill and not telling him
8. Generally being a bitch
Clearly some of these things are way out of line others not so much. but just an indication of what a crazy bitch this woman is haha!!
Also i found out yesterday that she is in fact 34 but her boyfriend and everyone else thinks shes 30 and has done for the past 6 years….why lie! she will be screwed if they get married and she has to give her real age!! weirdo
Post # 11
@ChocolateLime: um why on earth was she a BM?
Post # 12
@ChocolateLime: um, she sounds very unstable. why would you want to confront an unstable person? it will do no good except make you even more of target… Ignore and stay away from her as much as possible!
Post # 13
@Atalanta: because i dont really have any female friends, shes my brother in laws significant other and technically she introduced me to my husband. Alot of these things happened after i had asked her and i felt ruse then telling her i didnt want her as a bridesmaid anymore. I asked people on here where i could fire her and most people said no, so i listened to everyones comments, took them on board and let her be bridesmaid!
ETA: My laptop has sticky keys from my daughters sticky fingers, i can spell and type honestly!
Post # 14
wow. just wow. good luck with that! All I can say suggest is common sense – keep your distance!
Post # 15
@Atalanta: That was my first thought to?!?!
Post # 16
@ChocolateLime: And this is why sometimes you need to go against the ‘rules’ that are thrown around here!