- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2013
I’m having trouble deciding on a course of action and seeking the wisdom of the list!
I’m 31 and my husband is 35. We married about a year and 2.5 months ago and started NTNP just about exactly a year ago. To our surprise (but very great joy!) we got pregnant on our first sort-of try. Unfortunately, I miscarried that pregnancy at 6.5 weeks on October 29th. We started trying again seriously in December/January. I charted cycles and we hit the fertile window pretty much every cycle until May, when I confirmed a chemical pregnancy.
There are a number of factors that could influence our fertility. Cyles are pretty regular (generally 25-26 days, and never shorter than 23 or longer than 27). My luteal phase, as nearly as I can tell, is 14 days on the dot, and my temperatures would indicate that I do ovulate regularly. My husband is somewhat overweight (working on that!); I’m on the slender side of normal (definitely not underweight, and I weigh more now than when I got pregnant the first time). I do have known hypothyroidism, but it’s well under contro with medication. I had low progesterone levels during the chemical pregnancy (3), which led my doctor to test my levels the next cycle. Post-ovulation, they were 15.1, which should be fine. Internal ultrasounds haven’t shown any problems (they wanted to check because I have very painful periods).
Last, but not least, my husband had adult chicken pox with a 3-day high fever at the beginning of August (poor guy!). I’ve heard that fevers can cause temporary infertility in men, although I’m unclear on the exact logistics (does anybody know?).
I’m going to start charting again; although I charted through the spring, I took a break after the CP because I wanted to try to think less about fertility/pregnancy.
I’m considering making a doctor appointment, but since I haven’t been charting and all seems to be normal on my end, I suspect that they might just tell me to chart and keep trying for a bit, which I can figure out on my own. On the other hand, it might be possible to get my husband checked out, though it would make sense to wait on that till the influence of the chicken pox should have worn off.
In the meantime, does anybody have ideas for strategies to try, supplements to take, etc.?
Thanks in advance!