What size to order in Mori Lee 1862

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Cerisarocks:  I think it sounds like you should be just fine, particularly since you tried on the size 8s!  I say keep the 8. 🙂

Post # 4
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Cerisarocks:  I am going to be honest and say that you might want the 10. I ordered a similar MoriLee style and my largest measurement (hips) put me at the very end of a 4, into a 6 (Also a street size 2-4). The sales person said a 4 would be fine but I was paranoid about the dress being too small around my hips and went with the 6. I didn’t gain any weight or change size, but when my dress came in 2 months later…it JUST fit perfectly around my hips! The waist and bust are being taken in, but had I ordered the smaller size, it would not have fit around my hips. I say go for the bigger size. Especially at your waistline, even the smallest weight gain will make the difference of the dress zipping or not. I’d rather have extra material that alterations can easily take care of than not enough 🙂 

Post # 5
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I tried on the Mori Lee 1862 and it was in the running! I am 32-26-25 and they told me I would need to order a 6. I was a 2 in the other dimensions! I would get the 10 to be safe.

Post # 6
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My dress is Mori Lee 5104. When I ordered it, my measurements fit a size 4 in the bust and hips, but an 8 in the waist! I figured something in the middle was the best way to go, so I ordered a 6 and figured I’d need to lose an inch in the waist. My dress came in last week. As expected, it’s a bit big in the bust and hips, but the waist actually fits pretty well (I haven’t done a lick of working out since I ordered it three months ago — but that’s another story!). It’s slightly snug, but not in an uncomfortable way — it just feels like it fits really well, even though the waist size is a size smaller than I need, according to the chart. I hope all that made sense. In short, I think you’ll be just fine!

Post # 7
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Cerisarocks:  Were your measurement taken with any kind of shapewear on?  If not, then that may help with the 1 inch difference if you don’t gain any weight between now and then.  However I do agree with TattedNYBride that it’s better to be safe than sorry and go with the size for your largest measurement.  I know ordering a size in the middle has worked for some brides, but I personally would be too concerned about dealing with the difficult (if even possible) task of letting a dress out.

Post # 9
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m typically a size 2, my measurements are 32.5-26-36, and the size 4 fits me like a glove! I actually don’t even have to get it altered. Here’s a pic of my first fitting- for the bustle & cups.

I’m so glad that the bridal salon told me to order the smaller size, because they said that usually brides want their dresses tighter, rarely looser. With your measurements, maybe even size 6 would be a better option for you? If not, definitely the 8. A size 10 would be too big, and just lead to more alterations later. Best of luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors