(Closed) What song did/will you choose for the Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance?

posted 9 years ago in Music
Post # 3
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

We combined our Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances into one because we don’t want to have too many "planned" moments.  We’ll be dancing to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstong…  mainly because neither of us could come to a decision and that’s what our DJ suggested.  🙂

Post # 4
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

My Dad and I are dancing to "I Just Call To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder.  I used to sing that to him when I was little.  My Dad is a total ‘man’s man’ but agreed to take dance lessons with me – can’t wait!!

I think that my FI/FMIL may be dancing to "Hey Mama" by Boys to Men…that song has made him tear up in the past, so I think it would be very touching song for the both of them.

Post # 5
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2008

My dad and I danced to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. My mom helped my dad pick it out and I guess when he first saw the music video he started crying. The first time I heard it was during our dance! So I started crying too! It’s such a beautiful song about a dad cherishing every moment he has with his daughter before she’s all grown up. DH and his mom danced to "With or Without You" by U2. They’re both big fans and MIL got a kick out of it.

Post # 6
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Our father/daughter song will be ‘Butterfly Kisses’. I know it’s probably way overdone, but that has been Dad and my song since I was little. FI hasn’t picked his mother/son song yet.

Post # 7
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m leaning towards "Isn’t She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder for our father/daughter dance.  FI hasn’t picked mother/son song yet.  I think our first dance will be to either I’m Yours by Jason Mraz, Bubbley by Colbie Callie, or Lucky by both of them.  We’re also kicking around some of the more traditional choices like The Way You Look Tonight, or something like that. 

Post # 9
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

We danced to "Our Love is Here to Stay" as performed by Frank Sinatra.

Post # 10
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

i am planning on "dancin’ on daddy’s shoes" by leon redbone.

Post # 11
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

"I loved her first" by Heartland for my father/daughter dance. FMIL refuses to dance with FH. . .long story. . . .

Post # 12
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

We combined our Mother-Son and Fatther-Daughter dances, adn danced to “There’ll You’ll Be”. his mother passed away from cancer and he danced with his grandmother instead. The lyrics of the song worked well for his situation.

Post # 13
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

For the Father + Daughter dance, I chose “Daddy” by Beyonce. My father never heard the song but to me it was a huge representation of my love and respect for my father.

For the Mother + Son dance, my DH chose “Mother / Father” by Musiq Soulchild. I think a part of the song represented their relationship but i think he chose it because he liked the song.

Post # 14
900 posts
Busy bee

The Joan Baez cover of Bob Dylan’s “Forever Young.”

Post # 15
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We don’t really have those set dances over here, though if I was to choose a daddy/daughter song, I’d choose Walking On The Moon by The Police. “Whaaaaat?” I hear you say? He used to hold me as a baby when I wouldn’t sleep walking around my room singing “I hope my legs don’t break, walking ’round the room” . I figured it was cute. May even ask for it now! lol

Post # 16
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Gerbera…that’s what I’m dancing to with my pops!  It’s such a great song, so happy.  I need to talk to fiance about combining, I think it would flow better if the mother/groom dance and father/bride dance happened at the same time.

The topic ‘What song did/will you choose for the Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors