Let me have a peek at our DJ list here…(Pardon the formatting, I’m literally cut and pasting from the planner the DJ sent us)
Top 10 must play:
1. Forever – Ben Harper
2. John Legend – Stay with you
3. Jack Johnson – Better together
4. Dixie Chicks – Lullaby
5. It’s Like That – Run DMC
6. It takes Two – Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock
7. Rappers Delight – Sugarhill Gang
8. Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
9. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
10. Hold My Head Above The Water – Quiet Company
Dinner hour Music: Older jazz (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin) mixed with some newer versions of old jazz (Michael Buble, Norah Jones, etc). If there’s any opportunity to mix in some Jack Johnson, Xavier Rudd, Matt Costa, that would make us happy too.
– Oldies oldies oldies!!!!
– Old school hip hop like Run DMC, Cypress Hill, Arrested Development
– Top 20/pop – Rihanna, Travis McCoy, Cascada, Jay-Z, Fergie, Anjulie, Kanye West, etc
– Michael Jackson & Jackson 5
– Some 80s music
Do not play songs:
– Generally, no heavy rock like AC/DC, Metallica, GNR, etc.
– Group dance songs like Macarena, hokey pokey, etc
– Another One Bites the Dust
– No Miley Cyrus as per groom’s request
Your Last dance: Just Breathe – Pearl Jam
Time: 12:50am (have to be out at 1am)
Our DJ was awesome and the music was PERFECT. She did such an amazing job to say the least! One thing we did that was really meaningful to a few guests was put our friends wedding songs on our Must Play list (friends that were recently married in the last year or two). They noticed and were really touched that we had thought to include it for them 🙂
During our cocktail hour we had a live jazz trio and I pretty much missed the whole thing so I don’t have any suggestions, sorry!