What time hair/makeup for 4:00pm wedding?

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@jenilynevette:  You should ask them how long each girl takes because that is truly the only way to work out your timeline. I am getting married at 4:30 (want to be camera ready by 2:30) and one woman I contacted said she’d start at 10, and another one said she’d have to start at 8. You can just ask them for a rough estimate and then work from there. It will also depend what time you want to be camera ready and whether you’ll be doing any pictures before the ceremony- not necessarily a first look, but I am trying to get most of my pictures with parents/bridesmaids/etc out of the way beforehand so we don’t spend time doing that after.

Post # 4
6171 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@jenilynevette:  i had 5 people who needed hair and makeup.  1 girl doing hair and 1 girl doing makeup.  we had first look at 4pm and started getting ready at noon.

each application took about 45 minutes on each person.

Post # 5
4964 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@jenilynevette:  We have 11 people getting their hair/makeup done. We are starting at 8 am for our 5:30 reception, but we are doing photos beforehand. We will have one makeup artist and 3 hairstylists.

Post # 6
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

You really need to ask them how long it will take. For my wedding we started at 9AM so we could move at our own pace and just in case of mistakes/touch-ups/etc. my wedding was at 4:30PM.

Post # 6
4587 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Old post, but this is good information to have. We are 6 months away from our wedding, but I have started to think about timeline already. We know it’s a small afternoon wedding, and then an evening reception/dance. We plan on doing pics before (and some after) the ceremony.

I talked with my hair gal yesterday and she said 10 is a good time, so from this… I would think it would be OK since all I have to do after getting my hair done is get dressed. I only have 2 attendants and another girl will be doing their hair.

Post # 7
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

jenilynevette:  My MUA has 45 minutes for the bride (me) and 30 minutes for each other girl. Add a 10 minute cushion (just in case) and back track from the time you want everyone to be done by (and how many people), which should give you your answer.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors