(Closed) What time of day for a champagne & dessert party to celebrate engagement?

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I’d do after dinner… like 8pm. sounds like a nice party!

Post # 4
581 posts
Busy bee

7 or 8pm and specify dessert on the invite.  Tarts (you can make the shells earlier in the week and fill them the afternoon of–or paint the inside with chocolate so the filling won’t make them soggy), chocolate strawberries, cheese can be expensive, but a selection of fruit would be nice–maybe skewers.  Trader Joes has amazing truffles which you could put in little cups for a fancy serving option  For daytime, I’d say 2pm.

Post # 6
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would even do a late afternoon thing- like 2:30….  that way people can have a lite dinner… and if you do it in the summer, it will be gorgeous!

Post # 7
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I agree with after dinner – nobody will expect dinner if it starts at 8pm!

Post # 8
4485 posts
Honey bee

Mid-afternoon. No one expects a full meal that time of day. Be aware that many people cannot stand champagne and most will go to waste. Also, many people do not like the taste combination of sweets and alcohol at all, and serving just alcohol with only sweets will make you drunk instantly (sugar on an empty stomach makes alcohol enter the blood stream much faster than it would normally). Skip the champagne and serve non-alcoholic beverages instead. Coffee, tea, lemonade, virgin frozen drinks, hot cocoa, whatever you and your guests enjoy.

Post # 9
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

7:00 sound good to me =]

Post # 10
374 posts
Helper bee

Hi:  You had a great menu lined up already.  I would say 3:00 or 8:00 would do it and people would know that it is not dinner.  You may want your invitation to say “cocktails and sweets”; or “cocktails and Vienesse pastry table”

What about coffee/tea?  Will you be serving either?

You need to be careful about liability when serving alcohol. 

Have a lovely party and let us know what you decided!

The topic ‘What time of day for a champagne & dessert party to celebrate engagement?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors