Post # 1
- Wedding: May 2011 - Trinity Lutheran Church & Idlewild Country Club
I am meeting with a wedding photographer tomorrow night. I haven’t met with anyone yet so I’m not sure what questions you typically ask photographers or what would be good to know.
Post # 3
We just did this, so we had a few questions planned out as we did all the interviews (we met with 4 photographers before choosing one).
- How many wedding do you photograph in a year? (We heard from 6 at the low end to 50 at the high end)
- How do you work with the couple of figure out the schedule? How do you work with the couple to ensure that their vision is met?
- (Obviously) What are the package choices?
- What is the back-up plan if you have equipment failure? If you are sick, who is your back-up photographer?
- What does post production look like? How long does it take?
- Do you retouch all the photos, or just some?
- What additional options do you offer? (like books, prints, etc)
AND the most useless part of meeting with photographers was asking them to see an entire photo gallery of a single wedding. This really helped me to see how the photographers tell the story of the day in their pictures as well as if their photo quality was consistent. (This is super important since they only put up their best and favorites on their website – this helped us rule out some photographers when we saw that most of the photographs were just very plain). Hope that helps!