Post # 1
I’m meeting up with a photographer for the first time next week and I have no idea where to start.
What kind of questions should I be asking? (besides price packages and all that) but to ask more detailed questions.
I’m so new to all this and I need help!
Post # 3
Google always helps with these sort of things, but here are some questions I asked my photog:
1. what kind of photos do you like to take (i.e. editorial, details, etc.)
2. will you accept a must have photo list?
3. will you give us direction (i.e. chin up/down, tuck in your shirt, touchup makeup, etc.)
4. will we have rights to photos?
5. will we receive a CD of pictures?
6. do you edit photos?
7. what advice would you give us?
8. what can we do to make the job easier for you on the day of (pay close attention to how they answer this…if they start to bad mouth other couples, it will tell you a lot about their professionalism).
9. we would like the photos to capture (insert your words). Do you take a lot of (insert your words..i.e. candids, portratits, family photos, etc.)
Post # 4
Oh and you can ask about lighting, backup equipment, what happens if the photog is sick the day of your wedding, what their turn around time will be, and if you are talking to the person who will be the actual photog or if someone else will be assigned….oh and if they have an assistant that will be with them.
Post # 5
Post # 6
Thanks!! I probably would not have thought of any of that, I’m sure me and google.com will be really good friends. 🙂