Post # 1
I need to make something to bring for lunch on Sunday. Here’s what I can’t bring (others have already claimed):
Ham, green beans, potato dish, dessert.
What are some of your favorites on Easter? I just can’t think of anything at the moment!
Post # 5
Bread! Spring salad! And I second deviled eggs! 🙂
Post # 6
@sunnydebs: Totally agree!!! These are my favorite too, we have to fight in our family to get to them first or they are always gone!
Post # 7
- Wedding: September 2011 - Franciscan Gardens
Ooh how about a yummy strawberry spinach salad? I took it last year and it was a huge hit!
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Post # 8
I like the deviled eggs idea!! Maybe it’s just my family but we always have an assorted cheese/olive tray at our meals. Maybe that and deviled eggs?
Post # 9
I’d have to agree with deviled eggs. I love those things!
This is what I’m bringing (deviled eggs were taken already)….
Post # 10
I’m a sucker for casseroles and macaroni salad the way my grandma makes it.
Also I always bring the bacon brown sugar brussel sprouts. Seriously my family goes through five pounds of sprouts. I have been told that I MUST bring them to every function.
Post # 11
Whay am I SUCH a thread killer lately??
Post # 12
Good call to all you deviled eggs ladies- I loved the ones my aunt used to make in the shape of chicks :).
What about a caprese salad? something with fruit- like a fruit salad? or fruit dip?
Post # 13
Fruit Salad Baby!
Melons, strawberries, blueberries, dark grapes! yummy!