(Closed) What to say in Bride & Grooms thank you speech?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think a thank you speech should be given at the rehearsal dinner, not at the wedding. Also, either you or your fiance could give it. I happen to be great at public speaking, however I think I’m going to have my Fiance do it…just because I’m old fashioned and think the man should. (I know, I’m horrible) Maybe something like: “Sally and I would like to thank everyone for coming tonight to support us and celebrate our wedding. We could not have made this wedding happen without the love and support from our family and friends.” Maybe you could say specifics to parents or Maid/Matron of Honor or Best Man. It depends on who helped you a lot. Come to think of it, as I’m writing this, I might want to get up and thank people because I”m the one that did most of the work with others not Fiance…hmmm maybe we both will say a little or both stand up and take turns talking. You could probably google some things to say. Good luck, hope I helped!

Post # 4
433 posts
Helper bee

If applicable:

Thank both sets of parents in turn for raising you, helping shape your Fiance into the person you want to be with, providing the opportunity for all your loved ones to celebrate with you, etc

Thank your guests for their outpouring of love, coming long distances, always being there for both of you, making the day complete because you get to be with everyone whos important to you all at once, etc

I agree that you should make a little thank you toast at the rehearsal, but I’d also do one at the reception just to make sure everyone knows just how much you appreciate all the effort that goes into everything

The topic ‘What to say in Bride & Grooms thank you speech?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors