Post # 1
My wedding was a lil over 3 months ago and although I can honestly say that it was such an AWESOME day…there were a few things that happened that I am still a lil irked about. I know, I know, it is in the past and there is nothing I can do to change what happened so I need to move on…believe me I get it! But there is about 10% of “irked” left in me so hopefully in a month or 2 I will be completely over it. LOL… Did anything awful or horrible happen on your wedding day that you would like to share? Can we do our last “VENT” together? Here are my top 5
1. My brother punched my sis in law during the reception. She left crying and my Brother proceeded to follow her outside and beat her up in the parking lot.
2. One of our guests had her purse stolen, my BM had her wristlet stolen, my DH had his Fendi sunglasses stolen and a friend left her ring on the sink after washing her hands and someone stole that too! (After I got my pro pics back…there was some guy in the pics that nobody knows who he was…so he basically walked in off the street, so he must have been the thief)
3. We had over 30 no shows. I get that some people can’t make it last minute or whatever but over 30! (some gave me really lame reasons why they didn’t show & others gave none) That was well over $1K down the drain for us.
4. I got a stupid yeast infection (sorry if that was TMI…lol)
5. A few people came back to our hotel room after the reception was over….and well, one of my DH’s friends never left and ended up passing out drunk on our bed! We called everybody we knew to please come get him out but nobody wanted to. So basically, my DH and I sat on the couch going through our cards and cleaning up our room while sleeping beauty was sprawled all over OUR bed on our wedding night =(
Post # 3
I’m sorry for the mishaps at your wedding! Hopefully you still have some beautiful photos to remember the day by, and all the rest will just be funny stories few years down the line (except for #1).
I didn’t have anything major go wrong, but a few “oops”es:
1) My husband tried to unsuccesfully dip my plus size MIL during the parents’ dance, but dropped her on the floor.
2) My dad and brother got the time & place wrong and didn’t make it to the family portraits before the ceremony. I didn’t mind, but my mom’s still mad about it.
3) My mom stepped on her dress and ripped it twice.
4) My reception dress wasn’t fastened properly and I almost flashed my chest to everyone during our first dance. After that I was so panicked and flustered, I forgot all the steps to our choreographed dance for which we had taken six lessons. Most of the dance was spent bickering between my husband who wanted to continue with the routine, and myself who was holding onto my dress and begging him not to spin me around anymore.
5) When the garter toss was announced, I realized I never put my garter on. DJ had to switch songs while our coordinator ran to our room and grabbed the garter from my suitcase. She was truly a lifesaver that day with so many things.
Post # 4
the number 1 hands down, was when my husbands parents walked up to us and said they were “taking off!” My husband was so hurt and mad that his parents wanted to leave our reception about an hour and a half early….I’m still in shock!
Whose parents leave thier own kids wedding early?? Maybe if it was super long, but our whole wedding from vows to finish was only 5 hours.
Post # 5
@futureMrs.L: Your brother beat up his wife?!?!?!?! WTF?
My wedding was a week and a half ago and here’s my list:
1. THE FOOD!! I’m still super pissed, the food was nothing that we were promised and it was almost embarassing to have that served at my wedding!
2. My hair fell out, twice! My friend was able to recurl it for my 7pm ceremony but all the pictures on Facebook show me with my hair that fell out and I just look bad.
There were a few other things but I’m over those.
Unfortunately the food will continue to bug me…
Post # 6
@meliss: Thanks for the chuckle! I didn’t even think about all my “oops” from that day.
Post # 7
@futureMrs.L: Your brother abuses his wife and your concern is on how it affected your wedding? I hope somebody is helping that woman to get away from your brother, fast.
Post # 8
Nothing really. There are a lot of things that went wrong associated with the wedding, but the only “oops” was that DH dropped the ring before he put in on my finger! :/
Post # 9
@futureMrs.L: ohh I was hoping something at mine could be bad enough to make you feel better..but it isnt going to happen 🙁 Im SO SORRY to hear about all this stuff…i would be “irked” too.
1. My necklace broke right before I went into the church *it was fixed with dental floss before i walked down the aisle though…thanks FIL)
2. it was HOT…not just “oh i feel a warm breeze” it was SMOKIN hot as in guys sweated through their white shirts and my venue forgot to leave us fans to make up for the broken AC….because of this…..
MY cake melted
People drank…alot aka.someone threw up in the bathroom
all the guest pics (as in NOT pro) have me glistening with sweat
3. we didnt want to do a garter and boquet toss so we threw a garte and boquet covered in lottery tickets for everyone to catch…but the DJ at the end got my sisters BF (who caught the garter) to put the garter on my friends wife after..i hate it, it was akward.
4. When i was getting ready my sisters bf showed up (it was jsut us girls) to wait for her. He proceeded to watch “wedding disaster” you tube videos beside me while i was getting my hair done..he chuckled away the whole time and then broke my coffe table by accident….ass
5. Maybe a half hour into dancing someone stepped on my bustle and broke it 🙁
Post # 10
@futureMrs.L: Wow. Your brother beat up his wife at your wedding? Did he get arrested? That’s effing crazy!
Post # 11
Our piano player had some sort of technical difficulty and didn’t play our recessional music. It was humiliating standing there looking at eachother thinking “do we walk out now?” You can see in the video everyone looking at the guy. He never apologized or even addressed it, which just pissed me off, so I got a $100 refund. In all honesty, if he had apologized that day I would have let it go.
My bustle fell apart and my dress was ripped, but I didn’t let that get to me too much. I guess my brother and sister got into a fight but they tried to keep it from me.
Oh, and my mom missed the cake cutting. She was in the bathroom. She was really really upset about it.
Post # 12
Great topic because it just shows, no matter the planning, something happens. Here’s mine:
1. Our officiant was 45 minutes late, lied about where she was, blamed me after I asked her if she needed anything, and then wrote us a horrible letter telling us we were going to Hell, getting a divorce, and threw some stuff in about Moose. Oh, seeing her in our pictures makes me so angry.
2. Since our time was off, we didn’t get all the pictures I wanted.
3. People started crying about not spending time with us and making up drama to continue their feuds.
4.My Grandparents who raised me and my uncles who are like my brothers left without saying goodbye so I have no pictures of them.
Still when I think back to it, I loved our wedding because I’m married to my husband.
Post # 13
@Moose1209: The fact that he did that was horrible period. That having happened on my wedding day made it a lot worse. My post was about things I was still irked about…not about how these things “affected” my wedding. They have a very volatile relationship that I won’t go into but they have a lot of “history”. Believe me, it is not something I take lightly…I was a Domestic Violence counselor for 5 years.
Post # 14
@futureMrs.L: may i ask how many people rsvped yes? 30 is horrible! im sorry that happened to you
Post # 15
@Moose1209: I was thinking the same. Sad.
- Our DJ did not download the right song for my dad and I to dance to. That kind of sucked.
- I bought these awesome wax lips and mustaches for the kids, and specifically told the DOC NOT to pass them out until I was ready for the photographer to take pictures of them. She passed them out anyway while the photographer was getting pictures of us outside. Peeved.
- People left the reception a little early. I understood though, most of them decided to make the 2-3 hour drive back home that evening.
Post # 16
Okay, this thread is making me horrified and relieved in equal measures.
I can’t imagine anything as horrible as some of these stories happening at my wedding. Clothing malfunctions and missed photos is one thing, but fights and essential parts of the ceremony being completely AWOL is just crazy! My family is less crazy than I thought.