Post # 1
My wedding screw up has got me wondering…. what things went awry at or before your wedding? At my friends wedding the florist messed up the color of the bouquets. She had to use bright pink flowers at the last min. they were not at all in her color scheme.
Post # 3
I haven’t had my weddimg yet, but just went to a family wedding. The directions included with the invite were not right! We were over an hour late to the rehearsal dinner because we made one wrong turn, and couldn’t figure out how to get back the right way. we didnt plug in the gps because the invite had directions with, and we followed them).
Post # 4
My wedding isn’t until June, but I sent out information on the hotel block we have reserved for out of town guests with their invites…and I messed up the phone number. Oops! Hopefully that’s the only screw up!
Post # 5
I was so excited for the walk down the aisle I jumped the gun and walked out too soon. There was a particular part of the song I wanted to walk out to…oh well. small potatoes.
Post # 6
I walked down the aisle and when DH came to get me halfway, I thought I was on the wrong side of him so I made him switch sides with me, only to realize the girls were on the RIGHT and the guys on the left….never saw that! So we laughed and switched sides again. Ah well, I guess that was why we needed a rehearsal (which we didn’t have)!
Post # 7
– We realized the day before the wedding that there was no projector at the hall which we could use to show the slideshow our friend had made of us. He was able to get one from his place of work, but it was really crappy and the pictures were completely washed out and you couldn’t see them.
– Our baker was supposed to make the top tier of our cupcake tower one big cupcake, but instead she made four little ones. Made for funny cake-cutting pictures.
– My Mum got pissed when she found out we had changed our minds about the specific dances; we at first decided that SIL would dance with MIL, my MOH with her BF and my parents (usually you just have the wedding party after the B&G first dance, then you get both parents up with everyone) since we weren’t sure who MIL would be comfortable dancing with (she’s not with anyone) and we weren’t sure if SIL’s BF was going to be her BF much longer. Once we figured out that yes, SIL was staying with her BF and he was indeed coming, we decided to just do a wedding party dance and the Father/Daughter, Mother/Son dance. In hindsight, we could have had an extra one where all parents were dancing, and MIL and SIL could have still danced together, but whatever.
Post # 8
So far, I’ve forgotten to put on RSVP by date on most of the invites (the ones w a reply card got a date, the ones to RSVP online did not.) Hmm…
Post # 9
When we were taking pictures, we started with the wedding party, because my youngest niece is only three, and was beginning to get antsy without her nap/lunch. FIL got upset, because he wanted to get his pictures out of the way first, and left, saying “Ok, bye, we’re done” before he had even taken any. I had to send DH running after them, and he was defending them, so I had my only bridezilla moment of the day, actually using the words “It’s my day, not theirs!”. Not my finest moment. Thankfully, it was the only bad spot in an otherwise perfect day.
Post # 10
We really only had one, thankfully. We had a 4 layer cake with 4 different flavors, so the venue told me they’d just cut pieces and put them on a table for guests to choose from (their idea, not mine). So, I put each flavor on our menu, because if it were me, I’d be looking forward to my choice!
Apparently, they only cut 2 layers, saved the top for us (which we didn’t want them to do) and basically threw the entire 3rd layer away. I am kind of annoyed that they wasted so much of a $800 cake, but I didn’t even find out until later, so oh well.
Post # 11
Where do i start lmao!!! Two of my groomsman and a BM cancelled two weeks before the wedding and one was my brother. Found out he never bought his ticket to come to the wedding. My decor was short in the church and reception. My friend that was suppose to do my hair told me less than week before the wedding she was going out of town. My makeup artist friend made me almost 2 hrs late to my wedding because she was recoperating from a hangover. The apple cider bottles were bought minituare ones so not all the tables had one to toast with. My caterer told me she had tiffany blue and brown serving plates and they ended looking like dollar tree plates in white with swirls of another color lol.
Post # 12
My bustle strings broke and I had about 7 safety pins holding it up.
Post # 13
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
We misplaced the marriage license so we weren’t able to sign it on the day of the wedding. Thankfully we found it the next day and since the officiant was a good friend of ours he was able to sign it and mail it off that day.
Post # 14
@Rubbs: Mine, too. Does anyone’s NOT break?!?!?
We missed a mispelling of my father’s name on the return RSVPs! His name is Jesse and it said Jessee! It was spelled correctly on the inviation, though! I doubt anyone noticed.
Post # 15
- Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry
Luckily, they were all small (we had some *major* family drama right after the engagement, so we sort of deserved a near perfect day)-I don’t think anyone but me would have noticed.
My DOC (a friend) had to back out 3 days before- her Mom was in the hospital with pneumonia. One of mom’s friends, and the best man’s wife stepped up-since we did DIY flowers, the table arrangements/arch/etc. needed set up-there was a lot of work, and that could have been a big mess.
*My* biggest wedding mess up was that I drank too much the night before. MOH warned me- “don’t drink too much, I did, a hugged a tree on the way home, and kept apologizing to the dog!” I was okay with my wine intake at the RD, but her husband bought a bottle of wine for the girls at the hotel, and I lost track. And woke up at 5:45 on my wedding morning with a RAGING hangover. And, I got sick a little later. BAD way to start the day! (Thankfully my hair dresser had lots of propel. which helped me come around.)
My bustle also couldn’t handle heavy dancing- but at least it waited until after my dance with Dad to let me down. 🙂
Post # 16
- Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza
Hair/makeup was not what I wanted. Turned out fine, but still set me off a bit. Bouts and centerpieces were awesome, but my bouquet and BM bouquets were not what I asked for. Our photogs missed some important formals and detail shots, but all in all the day went really well! These were all minor screw ups in my book. 🙂