(Closed) What we got for $ 3000 at our photography studio

posted 10 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

That sounds like a fantastic deal! I’m only just starting to research photographers, but the prices I’ve seen quoted online are much higher and usually for fewer services.

Post # 4
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

our package is very similar.

~$3400 w/ tax

engagement session ~75 pictures

8 hours of coverage, photog and assistant

we own the negatives

high res files and also more email freindly files

website with 100 best photos

2 small albums 

We opted not to do the big fancy flushmount album (for $600!!!) I think the blurb books everyone seems to have around here look just fine. 

Post # 5
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

$2800 + tax

Engagement Session – 1 location, all pictures untouched high-res on DVD

10 hours wedding coverage – 1 photographer, all pictures untouched high-res on DVD

Post # 6
41 posts
Newbee

What a great package! I’m looking for a similar package in the los angeles area. Unfortunately, a lot of the photographers I want to book are in the high price range.

Post # 7
1458 posts
Bumble bee

I’m paying $2500 and getting:

• Engagement session with all my files, high resolution on CD FREE at unlimited locations
  • Full day of wedding with 2 photographers
  • All my wedding files high resolution on CD
  • $500 credit towards prints
  • 10×10 coffee table, leather hard bound book
  • Plus Photographer has agreed to take shots at Rehersal Dinner for free, just for fun.
  • Hard bound Proof Book

I feel like I’m forgetting something and for some reason I can’t find the paperwork right now….lol. ALl in all I’m getting a STAEL and the phographer is amazing! 

Post # 8
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’m not sure of the exact price (our photographer doesn’t have packages, it’s all a la carte, and I haven’t signed the contract yet), but I think it will be about $2700 for:

engagement session – no limits on time or locations (she said typically they lasted 1-2 hours)

9 hours wedding coverage – photographer with assistant shooter, image catalog in linen bound book (all retouched images from wedding day), online gallery to purchase prints

We’ll decide on albums/prints after the wedding.

Post # 9
193 posts
Blushing bee

$4250 (tax included)

• engagement session w/ online proofing and approx 100 images on CD
  • unlimited photography hours day of (usually 8am-midnight)
  • 2nd shooter
  • hi-res CD of edited images (approx 1000 total)
  • online gallery of images for one year
  • $200 print credit
  • 12 x 12 20-page/40-side Leather Craftsman album
  • (2) 8 x 8 20-page/40-side duplicate parent albums

Excitedness!!  Kinda high for our budget, but pretty decent for OC/LA, methinks.

Post # 10
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2008

we’re paying $2900 (tax included):

* Up to 10 hours with 2 photographers on the wedding day.
* 4-5 hour engagement session with hi-res edited pics on dvd
* Up to 500 4"x6" wedding day proofs in color and black & white with hi-res edited digital negatives on dvd
* A 12×8 Italian leather album with 40 pages
* Web hosting for 90 days.

this is in the sf bay area and i think our photographer’s prices have gone up a little since we booked him. we’re very happy with the engagement pictures that we got back.

Post # 11
28 posts
Newbee

We paid $4k for:

3 Location Engagement Session (we received 300 pictures)

Unlimited Wedding Day Coverage

1 GRAPHI album!

2 parent GRAPHI albums! (duplicates)

1 20×30 picture of our choice

1 8 x 10 proof book (bound) of ALL our pictures (post production)

CD/DVD of ALL our pictures 

His work is AMAZING!  He originally started to do this part time, but business got so good for him that he now does this FULL time, and is completely booked for 2008.  He was featured in several websites since booking him, and his prices have now gone up.  Like, way up … for something similar to what we got from him, plus an aftershoot, and rehearsal dinner coverage .. He now charges $10k! 

I think besides our venue, our photographer was the next important thing for us to book. 

Post # 12
95 posts
Worker bee

We paid $1450 for 10 hours coverage on the day of, and a CD/DVD with all the pictures (around 1,000).

I’m going to get the ones that I like done off at Walmart for super cheap, and make some cute little thank-you cards out of them to send to our guests.

Post # 13
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

Hi Lae,   Can you share who your photographer is?  I doubt I’d be able to afford him, but I’m curious about checking out his work.  

We got a really good deal with our photographer and she’s extremely  good.  We wondered why she didn’t charge more, but figured out soon enough that she goes MIA every once in a while which is a bit freaky…

Post # 14
67 posts
Worker bee

I would check this site out if you are looking for a photographer:

http://wedding-photographers-directory.com/articles/at-the-wedding.aspx

It lets you search by city, price, and even has links/info.  Good place to start.  I found my photographer in a roundabout way and it was through WB!  We are "shipping" him from NYC for about 3K plus travel to come to DC to shoot our wedding.  I have to say that after all this I kow wayyyy more about wedding photography than I bargained for but alas a well informed consumer is the best type right?  =)

Post # 15
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I’m still looking for a photographer. I like photojournalistic-style photos, and wedding is in LA. Did any of you ladies with the AMAZING value packages (I really haven’t seen anything that good in the LA area) get photojournalistic-type photographers?

thx 

Post # 16
1238 posts
Bumble bee

This part " High resolution files on DVD/CD – optional one year later for release for free or to buy" is confusing to me. 

Do you own the rights to your photos, or is it an additional cost?

I’m paying $1205.49 (including tax), this includes:

• Digital only package with rights to all of my pictures
  • High Res digital flies on CD of all pictures taken
  • 5 hours of coverage
  • Engagement session at location of my choice

It was important to me to own the rights to my pictures.  I have a friend in the printing and album side of photography who is going to help me put together my album and order prints.

The topic ‘What we got for $ 3000 at our photography studio’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors