Post # 1
– Engagement session half a day, 3 locations
– Formal shots at the studio as bride and groom
– Formal shot at the studio with the family
– ~ 600 printed proofs
– High resolution files on DVD/CD – optional one year later for release for free or to buy
– 2 small hardcover parents albums sized A7
– One big hardcover wedding album with 80 pictures
– Full day coverage of the event
and what did you pay and what did you get for it? Oh yes. The price includes the tax.
Post # 3
That sounds like a fantastic deal! I’m only just starting to research photographers, but the prices I’ve seen quoted online are much higher and usually for fewer services.
Post # 4
our package is very similar.
~$3400 w/ tax
engagement session ~75 pictures
8 hours of coverage, photog and assistant
we own the negatives
high res files and also more email freindly files
website with 100 best photos
2 small albums
We opted not to do the big fancy flushmount album (for $600!!!) I think the blurb books everyone seems to have around here look just fine.
Post # 5
$2800 + tax
Engagement Session – 1 location, all pictures untouched high-res on DVD
10 hours wedding coverage – 1 photographer, all pictures untouched high-res on DVD
Post # 6
What a great package! I’m looking for a similar package in the los angeles area. Unfortunately, a lot of the photographers I want to book are in the high price range.
Post # 7
I’m paying $2500 and getting:
- Engagement session with all my files, high resolution on CD FREE at unlimited locations
- Full day of wedding with 2 photographers
- All my wedding files high resolution on CD
- $500 credit towards prints
- 10×10 coffee table, leather hard bound book
- Plus Photographer has agreed to take shots at Rehersal Dinner for free, just for fun.
- Hard bound Proof Book
I feel like I’m forgetting something and for some reason I can’t find the paperwork right now….lol. ALl in all I’m getting a STAEL and the phographer is amazing!
Post # 8
I’m not sure of the exact price (our photographer doesn’t have packages, it’s all a la carte, and I haven’t signed the contract yet), but I think it will be about $2700 for:
engagement session – no limits on time or locations (she said typically they lasted 1-2 hours)
9 hours wedding coverage – photographer with assistant shooter, image catalog in linen bound book (all retouched images from wedding day), online gallery to purchase prints
We’ll decide on albums/prints after the wedding.
Post # 9
$4250 (tax included)
- engagement session w/ online proofing and approx 100 images on CD
- unlimited photography hours day of (usually 8am-midnight)
- 2nd shooter
- hi-res CD of edited images (approx 1000 total)
- online gallery of images for one year
- $200 print credit
- 12 x 12 20-page/40-side Leather Craftsman album
- (2) 8 x 8 20-page/40-side duplicate parent albums
Excitedness!! Kinda high for our budget, but pretty decent for OC/LA, methinks.
Post # 10
we’re paying $2900 (tax included):
* Up to 10 hours with 2 photographers on the wedding day.
* 4-5 hour engagement session with hi-res edited pics on dvd
* Up to 500 4"x6" wedding day proofs in color and black & white with hi-res edited digital negatives on dvd
* A 12×8 Italian leather album with 40 pages
* Web hosting for 90 days.
this is in the sf bay area and i think our photographer’s prices have gone up a little since we booked him. we’re very happy with the engagement pictures that we got back.
Post # 11
We paid $4k for:
3 Location Engagement Session (we received 300 pictures)
Unlimited Wedding Day Coverage
1 GRAPHI album!
2 parent GRAPHI albums! (duplicates)
1 20×30 picture of our choice
1 8 x 10 proof book (bound) of ALL our pictures (post production)
CD/DVD of ALL our pictures
His work is AMAZING! He originally started to do this part time, but business got so good for him that he now does this FULL time, and is completely booked for 2008. He was featured in several websites since booking him, and his prices have now gone up. Like, way up … for something similar to what we got from him, plus an aftershoot, and rehearsal dinner coverage .. He now charges $10k!
I think besides our venue, our photographer was the next important thing for us to book.
Post # 12
We paid $1450 for 10 hours coverage on the day of, and a CD/DVD with all the pictures (around 1,000).
I’m going to get the ones that I like done off at Walmart for super cheap, and make some cute little thank-you cards out of them to send to our guests.
Post # 13
Hi Lae, Can you share who your photographer is? I doubt I’d be able to afford him, but I’m curious about checking out his work.
We got a really good deal with our photographer and she’s extremely good. We wondered why she didn’t charge more, but figured out soon enough that she goes MIA every once in a while which is a bit freaky…
Post # 14
I would check this site out if you are looking for a photographer:
It lets you search by city, price, and even has links/info. Good place to start. I found my photographer in a roundabout way and it was through WB! We are "shipping" him from NYC for about 3K plus travel to come to DC to shoot our wedding. I have to say that after all this I kow wayyyy more about wedding photography than I bargained for but alas a well informed consumer is the best type right? =)
Post # 15
I’m still looking for a photographer. I like photojournalistic-style photos, and wedding is in LA. Did any of you ladies with the AMAZING value packages (I really haven’t seen anything that good in the LA area) get photojournalistic-type photographers?
Post # 16
This part " High resolution files on DVD/CD – optional one year later for release for free or to buy" is confusing to me.
Do you own the rights to your photos, or is it an additional cost?
I’m paying $1205.49 (including tax), this includes:
- Digital only package with rights to all of my pictures
- High Res digital flies on CD of all pictures taken
- 5 hours of coverage
- Engagement session at location of my choice
It was important to me to own the rights to my pictures. I have a friend in the printing and album side of photography who is going to help me put together my album and order prints.