Post # 1
- Wedding: June 2014 - Twin Oaks Garden House
So I have about a little less then 5 months to go. So for those of you already married or soon to be or anyone that can think of things…..
Were there any little things that you forgot to purchase? forgot to do? forgot to bring? things that you completly forgot?
Im making a list of everything that needs to get done between now and the wedding. also making my timelines so people will know where they need to be and what needs to get done for rehearsal day and day of. and since i have a couple months before the parties and craziness starts to happen i like to be prepared.
Post # 4
I would like to know, too!
Post # 5
This is a good question! I’d love to know too. I just started planning though, so I don’t really have anything to contribute…yet.
However I have a nightmare every so often that it’s my wedding day and I’ve forgotten some huge detail…but usually it’s like…I forgot to buy my wedding dress, or once I forgot to invite anyone!! Hahaha. I actually find them pretty funny after I wake up. Anyone else have this??
Post # 6
@SoontobeMrsFisette: I am also not married but I have read a few bees post that they forgot to reserve seats for special family members that did not walk down the aisle (grandparents etc).
Post # 7
I was pretty organized, but here are just some thoughts:
1) I forgot to have my ring steam-cleaned at jeweler’s before wedding. Thankfully, there is a jeweler right next to my nail salon, so they did it for me as we left our pedi appointment.
2) If you’re getting ready at a hotel, don’t forget to bring clothes/accessories for any “secondary events”, like an afterparty or post-wedding brunch. I went to change out of my wedding gown so we could hang out in the bar and realized I had no regular underwear or bra with me. (Thankfully honeymoon suitcases were in the car, so I didn’t have to go commando!)
3) I recommend trying to pay as many of your vendors as possible before the wedding, so you don’t have to run around giving checks to the photographer, MUA, officiant, etc on the day of your event.
4) Encourage all of your attendants to try on their attire before the wedding, then pack the entire ensemble so everything is together. And I mean everything…undergarments, shoes, stockings, hair accessories, etc. Our best man had to wear his tee-shirt backwards and inside out because he forgot to bring a plain white one.
5) This one might sound stupid, but bring scissors. I have a little pair of brow scissors in my makeup bag and we used them over and over again to remove tags, trim loose threads, etc. Also bring sewing kit. We had to sew my flower girl into her dress because the zipper kept coming down.
6) Get cash before the wedding and make sure both you and FI have some 10s & 20s on you to tip folks you might have forgotten about.
Hope this helps!
Post # 8
I am not married yet, but I’ve googled this a few times. Things I’ve come up with are:
cell phone charger, small clutch at your table for chap stick, gum, etc, nice pens for signing the guest book, a copy of your invitation & RSVP for the photographer to get the details, making sure you assign someone to take all of your gifts home, flat shoes for the reception, a clif bar or some little snack in case of emergency
Post # 9
- Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House
You should do a search, there are tons of threads with good info!
Post # 10
Things that are on my do jut forget list. Bring extra undies, my friend was in a ball gown in July in sc and she wished she brought some!!! I’m making myself an emergency kit with sleeve, my medicine, flats, Chapstick phone and charger and other stuff to leave with my mom so it’s there when I need it. Bringing my save the dates, invitation and RSVP card for the photographer. drink water to keep myself hydrated and eating when I can!!
Post # 11
I bought pashminas for my BMs since we had a winter wedding. I took them out the morning of the wedding and realized they were horribly wrinkled. My mother stepped in, tracked down an iron and quickly took care of them, thank goodness!
Post # 11
khaleesi: I have wedding nightmares too, I have a month to go and im worried about the small details of the wedding..
Post # 12
I orderEd my special gorgeous custom garter from Etsy. I measured exactly how the seller said but it came and was too tight. It actually snapped. There was no time to order a new one so I was running around trying to find new elastic with no luck. I ended up not wearing one.Luckilywe didn’t plan on a garter toss but I was still disappointed.
So do any ordering online ASAP
Post # 13
Commenting to follow, I am so afraid of missing something simple. This thread is helping already, nice pens for guest book (and signing marriage license), now on the to-do list!
Post # 14
We almost forgot to do our bouquet and garter toss! My Mom reminded our DJ about it after our midnight lunch, so the reception was almost over. Luckily a lot of our guests stuck around right until the bitter end, so we had a decent amount of people still there.
We forgot to pack water with us when we were doing our photos. I had a case at my house but somehow it never made it into our wedding day vehicle.
And I forgot to pack an outfit for our gift opening in my wedding bag. Luckily I had stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding too, so I still had my rehersal outfit with me and just wore that. I had an outfit for my husband, but somehow managed to forget to pack my own.
Post # 15
We had battery operated lanterns and only discovered that batteries were not included the morning of the wedding. Like 5 hours before the wedding. It was easily fixed, but was needless stress.