(Closed) What would you do??

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1082 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I would change the date.. you don’t need the drama!

Post # 4
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Change the date, no contracts have been made yet and penciled in dates are easy to change.

Post # 5
Hostess
3381 posts
Sugar bee

I’d keep the date, sounds like your FMIL will try to be the centre of attention whatever the date ends up being.  It is your day, and she can’t take that way from you.

Post # 6
3127 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Change the date unless you want to listen to her talk about her anniversary for your entire engagement. 

Post # 8
1710 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World

I would change the date…less grief, lol. Also, how does FI not know his parents’ anniversary? That’s neither here nor there, just curious. I’m sure everything will work out! 🙂

Post # 9
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@sleepyhead22:  Try choosing one week earlier or later, contact your vendors about those two dates.  Your venue should still be at it’s nicest and you’ll avoid drama. 

Post # 10
4525 posts
Honey bee

Just change it by a week or so. I’m sure your photog can erase and re-pencil, no big deal. I wouldn’t want to have to worry about that for the rest of my life. 

Post # 11
2273 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would change it IF the date was just a random one, save some drama. If the date was special to you i would just say deal with it BUT seriously MILs can be weird when their “little boys” get married save the aggrevation 🙂

Post # 12
4328 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Change the date. It’s not an inconvenience to the vendors.

Post # 14
5015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

If it’s easy change the date, otherwise I would have a seriously conversation with her and explain why the date is best for you two and apologize profusely for taking away from her special day but say something about how now you and your FI will always be reminded of their amazing relationship every year.

Also, good luck with that MIL!! 

Post # 15
7879 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Who cares if the photographer thinks you’re an idiot? (Though I doubt it because your excuse is quite reasonable). Better than annoying your FMIL. So if you can find a date within a month or so either way, I would change it.

Post # 16
1710 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World

@sleepyhead22:  Aw! Things happen. I actually don’t know my FIL’s anniversary, but I hope my FH would tell me if it conflicts with a potential wedding date! Then again, who knows, lol? Our date is the weekend in between Mothers’ Day and Memorial Day and I had to “fight” with him not to set it for either of those weekends because he didn’t see the big deal with having the wedding coincide with any of those dates (our wedding is kind of a destination wedding, since its at Disney and lots of our guests are OOT). Don’t worry about the photographer; they are used to working with dates and reschedules. 🙂

The topic ‘What would you do??’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors