What would you do?

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Tibbs:  Cancel the big wedding, and elope on your planned wedding date! Then you can eat whatever you want, no one is inconvienenced, and you can stick extra money towards an AWESOME honeyhoon!

Post # 5
573 posts
Busy bee

OP, sounds like you should cancel the wedding and elope on your date.  There’s too many considerations regarding your existing wedding/reception. 

Post # 6
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I think at this stage if you started changing the date etc you’d be trying to please too many people – and it doesn’t sounds like it’s simply a case of swapping the date and everything be ok, sounds like even if you did that you’d still come up against people saying various things were inconvenient! If you like your date I’d definitley say ELOPE! You could even combine it with your honeymoon and do it somewhere exotic? If you want to celebrate with your friends and family then have a party when you get back from your honeymoon – much less stressfull than a wedding (and you might still get some gifts from generious people!) 

Post # 7
Hostess
4941 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Tibbs:  DH and I were facing a lot of the same issues and we had our wedding planned for August 4th. One day I broke down at work and called him, told him that I didn’t want a wedding, I just wanted to marry him on the beach with no one else. He was more than happy to oblige since that’s what he wanted from the get-go. 

We wound up eloping on the Central Oregon coast. It was the most beautiful day of my life, and I would make the same choice a thousand times over. The only people present were our officiant, photographer, baker, and officiant’s boyfriend since we needed two witnesses.

Just elope! I promise it’s something you won’t regret and will in fact be so happy that you made the choice to cancel the big event and have a more intimate wedding.  

Post # 8
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Elope – that’s what we’re doing.  No drama, no fuss.  Enjoy and have a lovely gorgeous wedding day (and marriage!)

Post # 9
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Tibbs:  If you aren’t super attached to having the big wedding and you won’t lose too much money by canceling, then I say elope on your date! It seems there are a lot of factors against the big wedding and in the end it makes no difference how you get married, it only matters that you found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You can always renew your vows in 10 years and throw a big party!

Post # 10
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I think you should cancel and have the wedding you want and deserve. There is no shame in that. Of course people are always going to have opinions either way, but it seems like it will be much more pleasing to be just you two.

Post # 11
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

@BrandNewBride:  This! Trust me, I wish we could cancel, get our money back, and elope. 

Post # 13
9949 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Tibbs:  That’s awesome, I’m glad you chose for yourself and him!   Congrats.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors