What would you do?

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

If I may ask, is he always pulling stuff like this with you?  If so, he sounds inconsiderate.  That said, instead of blocking him I would just tell him straight up “hey, you’re being a little bit of an a hole and I don’t think that’s fair to me…”

Post # 4
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I would not suggest doing it that way. IMO, it seems childish and immature. I think you should tell him that you think it is best if you guys go your seperate ways. After you have that conversation, you can put a block on his number.

If I were in his situation, I would want someone to tell me. Not just randomly block my number.

Post # 5
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’d always give someone the courtesy of at least telling them I’m breaking up with them, anything less is really immature. Afterward I might change my number or block theirs if they kept bothering me.

Post # 7
819 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@MrsWe:  Why can’t you just tell him that you’re done and you don’t want to be with him anymore? It’s just… weird to stop talking to your bf all together out of the blue. Chances are he’ll try to seek you out and you’re only delaying the inevitable break up conversation.

Post # 9
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MrsWe:  I know there is more to this story, because this incident alone is not really grounds for a breakup.  Misunderstanding and inconvenient, absolutely.  But reason to break up with someone you love to death?  Probably not.

Leads me to believe that you’re fed up and is just the straw that broke the camel’s back.  If things are so bad that something as trivial as this has put you over the edge, I think your best option really is to walk away, for good.   

However, not telling him it’s over is really rude.  You’ve spent time together and cared for one another, I think the least you can do is tell him you’re sorry but it’s over.  Don’t play games with him or make him guess… you do that and you’re actually prolonging this.  I’ve been there, and I understand the desire to stick it to him and just ignore him, but that’s really not the mature thing to do, and it reeks of manipulation.  Put an end to it, tie up your loose ends, put it to rest. 

Post # 10
68 posts
Worker bee

@MrsWe:  

I will agree with PP, that the way things turned out did seem inconsiderate, however, (and I can be completely wrong here) I get the impression that you’re not really that invested in being with him anyways.

If my man would have done something like that, my first reaction would not be to block him and let him figure out that we’re over. I want us to be together and would just see this as something that needs to not happen again. I’d most likely tell him that what occurred was unfortunate but if he wants to make sure we spend time together in the future, then he’ll have to communicate plans properly. Then I’d enjoy my weekend with my girls and see him later.

Whatever choice you decide to take (staying or leaving), I wish you the best regardless 🙂

Post # 12
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Based on your past posts, I can’t believe you are even giving this guy the time of day anymore. What are you getting out of this relationship? You both spend a fair amount of time speaking. Tell him goodbye, free yourself, and you will be available to meet someone who can be a real partner.

Post # 14
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@MrsWe:  You need to take responsibility. At some point, you stopped being a victim and became a volunteer. He has shown you who he is. Believe him, and leave. 

Post # 16
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@MrsWe:  two months out of a long term one sided relationship myself. its liberating to be free from the crap! i looked at a few of your previous posts,its clear you havent been happy for some time and you have ended things before. The guy aint gonna change,nor is your relationship. sometimes i think we think its easier to cling onto what it could be,rather then looking at it logically.

the relief and freedom of feeling shit all the time is worth putting on some huge girls pants on and walking away! 

you can and will do better for yourself but you cant meet mr right while you are tied to mr wrong

good luck x

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors